• Please note that signatures and avatars on iLounge are only available after reaching certain membership thresholds.

Signatures

In order to be able to have a signature, users must have been a member for 7 days and have accumulated 10 posts.

Avatars are reserved for only the most senior of iLounge forum members. Users will not be able to use an avatar until they have been a member for a minimum of one year, and accumulated 1,500 posts. This is considered the Veteran Lounger level of membership.

A note on post whoring...

We welcome and encourage our members to make valuable and useful contributions to the iLounge forums, and to have fun, socialize, and actively participate in discussions on the forums. However, as per the Forum Policy, we will not tolerate excessive and unnecessary posting. Posting inane and pointless messages solely to increase one's post count in the hopes of reaching a higher membership level will be dealt with by the forum staff. Unnecessary posts may be subject to removal, and persisting in this behaviour will result in post counts being reduced and any further action being taken as deemed necessary.

• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

New iLounge!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

iknowyourider

I totally like it. It looks way better. It's a lot easier to read. I like to go straight to the community forum and it is easier to click on without wrong-clicking.

S2_Mac

Even though I hate the "frames" look, it's good that browsers have come along far enough (IOW, IE finally getting its act together ;-) that CSS can be used to simulate frames. Too much wasted space at the bottom of the frame...

Not to spoil that "new car smell," but the new look has been viewable for awhile, like on this page ;-)

JMG

asdf
The footer is a BIG no-no. I want to see more on screen, not less. Even the png "shade" effect takes up precious screen space and is not needed. Aesthetically it looks good though, but I feel clausterphobic now. Other than that it looks great.

bdb

On the B side of life
Gotta agree with the comments about the footer. It feels like I suddenly lost a lot of screen space.

papayaninja

Better Than Cats
Website
www.google.com
I'm intrigued... I'm on vacation with no internet (this is from my mom's blackberry.) So I can't see it for another couple of days. I think there have been 3 or 4 changes since I've come to the site, and after a period of adjustment they have all been better than the last. I'm looking forward to seeing this hated footer, though :)

kylo4

Amelie said:
Aaah, I see. I haven't looked at the front page since I got back posting here.
Don't worry, I posted that as well then clicked the home page and edited my post.

pskramstad

The new page is nice.

Although I really wish something would be done about the DLO advertisement, or at least move it to the bottom of the page. Am I alone here or does anyone else find it oddly creepy?

kylo4

Derek McNelly said:
It looks nice, but again, that footer is quite possibly one of the worst design decisions I've seen on a website since the LCD style visitor counter.
Lol, this guy is great. Derek McNelly is the new Freddy_Ramone, his posts are just like his! Ever since Freddy left I was wondering where this punk prose would come from, and here we have another new site change with Derek McNelly, which sounds like a punk name.

(Not a mockery, I genuinely thought that post was funny since it was so blunt in its honesty. Derek is great....long live Ramones)

Kristiano

He hates Scousers
kylo4 said:
Lol, this guy is great. Derek McNelly is the new Freddy_Ramone, his posts are just like his! Ever since Freddy left I was wondering where this punk prose would come from, and here we have another new site change with Derek McNelly, which sounds like a punk name.
They are the same person you know...