New Creative Mp3 Player

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

stasyna

PeacePod
Another one of these type threads... I know you people get sick of them. I couldnt help myself, this player is really interesting, and the battery life is incredible.

Click here for tech specs for a picture of the player itself

How many people will bash its design and memory look? It's navi. design is pretty sleek, looks great.

Click here for a picture of the player itself

Dont bash me either.

kloan

SSMoy
it's pretty thick... thicker than the 40GB iPod... the software you have to use with it still stinks... it's no contender.

stasyna

PeacePod
It's an excellent contender. The iPod lacks file support and its hardware has expierenced way too many problems and limitations. 10 hr advertised battery than can barely chug 7 hrs for people isnt acceptable anymore.

I'm sure the average user would sacrifice a few CM for 14 hrs more battery life.

Ink Noise

Website
www.overmused.com
stasyna said:
It's an excellent contender. The iPod lacks file support and its hardware has expierenced way too many problems and limitations. 10 hr advertised battery than can barely chug 7 hrs for people isnt acceptable anymore.

I'm sure the average user would sacrifice a few CM for 14 hrs more battery life.
1) File support? The Zen touch supports MP3, WMA, and WAV, while the iPod supports MP3, WAV, AIFF, AAC, and Apple Lossless, the only difference being WMA while the iPod supports many more formats than the Zen Touch. If you are talking about file storage, the iPod can be allowed to act as a drive on the computer for fast access and system wide drive access while the Zen Touch must be used with the Creative File Manager, a propietary and often unreliable program (I used to have a Creative MP3 Player).

2) If I'm not mistaken, the iPod has been advertised with a 8 hour battery capacity, not 10 so a 7hr battery is not far from what is advertised. Battery life isn't the iPods strong point, and the 24 hour battery life boasted by Creative is astounding if it holds up once tested (shows Apple for downgrading from a Li-Poly battery).

But yes, this is one of the most formitable contenders that the iPod has, but will more than likely tank against the iPod's current and next generation (it will trounce it if they get a decent battery in there :))