New Computer, same Pod

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Microchips

Hi,

I'm getting a new computer next week (Specs are under name if you're interested- probably not. :D) Anyway, before I go plug my iPod int my new PC and load the software, is there anything I should do to sto pall my music being erased from my iPod (If it happens)?

I used Ephpod, if that helps at all.

Thanks

Microchips

IlIlIlIlIl

before you connect the ipod, load all the softwares (the 2.0.1 update too). Plug in the ipod afterwards. I had to do a format of my computer HD the other day, and I made the mistake of having the iPod connected (it had 2.0.1 firmware loaded) while I install the 2.0 software. So basically, i had no idea what happened, iPod crashed, and everything got deleted...etc....and i was left with a folder and an explanation mark next to it. Basically, I disconnected the iPod, reinstalled the software, updated my software to 2.0.1, and plugged my iPod back in. It wasn't recognized as an ipod by the computer so I did a restore, and that finally saved it. It's all good now.

sandeep

Website
northcaf.com
once you run the ipod for the first time out of the box, you don't actually need any of the software that apple supplies you with.

when you install ephpod on your new computer, just go into the configuration options of ephpod, and into the syncronization tab, and make sure that the option to delete files from your ipod that aren't in your library is UNchecked.

here's a picture of what i'm talking about for those visual learners ;)
http://northcaf.com/_misc/ephpod-sync.gif

other then that, you can pretty much just plug your ipod into your machine and load up ephpod like normal. you can install the rest of the apple software, but you don't have to.

[edit]
i'm pretty sure that ephpod is set to not sync automatically, but i'd still reccomend not plugging the ipod in until you make sure that box is unchecked, incase i'm wrong about that.

and by the way, nice specs on that computer. $$$$ ;)

Last edited:

Microchips

Thanks for your help.

Don't worry about that, I'm going to take the Firewire card out of this machine that worked straight away with my iPod. And considering that I had no idea it was a VIA chipset one (I bought it on eBay) I was kinda lucky, huh? :D