New 80GB Video

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Marc28ct

Hi everyone.
Forgive my ignorance but I currently have an older IPod and was looking to upgrade to the new 80GB Video.

I just have a few questions...

I have a PC at home (that's where my music library is) but no internet... My DSL connection is at work. If I bring home a video file and put it onto my home computer (like home movies, etc) how do I get it onto my IPod? Do I have to somehow import it into my ITunes library? Not sure how to do that?

And is video kept separate meaning if I were to purchase a movie and download it on my work computer and put it on my IPod will it erase my music library being that I have that on another computer?

gk17

You should be able to import it from iTunes into the video section. I don't have the newest iTunes version installed yet, but it will probably be in File->Add to Library or something similar. Make sure you convert the video to MPEG-4 or H.264 format before transferring over to the iPod since it won't accept other formats.

It won't erase the iPod's songs if you set iTunes to sync manually. So set manual for both computers.