New 4G Ipod- ephpod adds songs...iPod wont display...please help

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

martygiggles

I just installed a new 4G 20 GB iPod...I'm using the ephpod used on my previous 3G ipod, and just adding all the songs off my hard drive. I started adding a few albums, and the ephpod adds them, they are physically on the ipod, i can even see them on windows explorer in the control folders...they are on the ipod..i even played songs off the ipod through WMP.

problem is, when it is disconnected, the ipod does not show any artist, song, album, nothin. It is like I havent added a thing

is this a common problem? does anyone have a solution for me, it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

MoBO

Same problem with IPod mini !

I've the same problem with the new Ipod mini, us version.

When importing from iTunes, all works fine :mad:

Damned, did they locked something ??

HEEEEELP !

I'm using EphPod 2.77 beta, never got trouble with my 20GB G3.

Fabel

martygiggles said:
I just installed a new 4G 20 GB iPod...I'm using the ephpod used on my previous 3G ipod, and just adding all the songs off my hard drive. I started adding a few albums, and the ephpod adds them, they are physically on the ipod, i can even see them on windows explorer in the control folders...they are on the ipod..i even played songs off the ipod through WMP.

problem is, when it is disconnected, the ipod does not show any artist, song, album, nothin. It is like I havent added a thing

is this a common problem? does anyone have a solution for me, it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
how much space is said to be on the ipod? this'll tell us if its not transfering or not showing up on the ipod.

brandon

g_bruin

Check to see if you have iTunes running in the background. I found that if iTunes (which defaulted to launch when the iPod was connected) was open, then whatever changes were made via Ephpod would not save. As soon as I closed iTunes, and connected only via Ephpod, all was good.

winddance

Same thing happened to me, but I fixed it. You've got to exit out of ephpod and say yes to saving the files. Obviously this is what tages the files so they are readable by the ipod. You can go to file save, or just exit and say yes to save.

Cynoclast

Same problem here.

Saving in Ephod Had no effect.

I've resorted to iTunes for the time being.

Tequila

Frozen Lounger
Hi, I just bought a 4G 20gb too, after toying around with iTunes I decided to give ephPod a try.

I had the exact problem this morning: I couldn't play any songs, while they were on the iPod, what I did and turned out solving my problem. so after copying all the songs back to HD, then restored the iPod, (I thought using iTunes + ephPod would cause some corruption) copied back the songs to my empty iPod using ephpod: no go.

then I went to the ephpod site, and to my suprise they only had version 2.75 for download (for Win2k/XP), while I was using the newer 2.77beta, so I installed 2.75 and all was fixed ! :)

So I hope this will help you guys too. (of course thiswill only be worth a try if you're running the 2.77beta too)

Cynoclast

I tried 2.75 first and it did that. So i tried 2.77 and it still did it.

Cynoclast

Ok, I think I know how to fix this issue.

When you first get your ipod, go ahead and install the iPod Updater and iTunes even if you don't plan on using iTunes (and hopefully you won't need the updater). Open up your ipod in iTunes and synch nothing to it, then delete the playlists it creates. Basically you want iTunes to "touch" your ipod.

Then if my theory is correct EphPod will work with it now. Mine does (currently 2.75) though I imagine 2.77 will work too.