New 40Gb 4G iPod from HP - Magic Battery!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

jough

El Guapo
Website
poetryx.com
Hey kids,

Well, I'm on hour 16 of playing music on my new iPod now. It's been playing all day, mostly on shuffle, but if I hear a song that reminds me to listen to an album I haven't heard in awhile I'll surf to that album before resuming playing shuffle again.

I have the iPod on my desk with external speakers plugged into the headphone jack, and I use the backlight (10 second timer) about every third song, since I bought a bunch of new albums and want to look at the track title.

Still playing now at 16 hours plus! It did automatically reset itself at one point in the middle of a song - however, it is not noticeably warm at all, even though it's been in the Contour Showcase all day.

I couldn't be more pleased with the battery life - especially after being concerned about that after hearing the horror stories about previous generations.

jough

El Guapo
Website
poetryx.com
It died about twenty minutes after I posted that, then after letting it sit for an hour I tried it again and played two more songs for about eight minutes.

So just shy of 16 1/2 hours from a full charge. I'm seven hours into playing today (although I did break for an hour in the middle of that seven) and the battery meter is down around half.

Also, so far the battery meter on my 4g seems to be accurate. <Crosses fingers>

Anyway, I'm more than pleased. I didn't expect to get so much play from my iPod, especially since most of my tracks are 192-320kbps CBR mp3s and I used the backlight and shuffle a lot (plus have it on the "Flat" EQ setting).

Tonight I'll charge it up again, load it up with 128kbps files, set the volume control at around 50%, turn off the EQ, and just let it run to test it out.