Netflix app problem on tv.

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

DR0570

I don’t who else to ask. But like once a month. I have to resign in to Netflix, most of the time it keeps me signed in. When I turn the TV back on I’m still signed in but once a month, I’m not. I have to resign in again. Can anyone tell me what causes that. I thought that you can stay signed in to your Netflix account forever. Why doesn’t it keep me signed in?

Haider Khan

iLounge Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.iLounge.com
I don’t who else to ask. But like once a month. I have to resign in to Netflix, most of the time it keeps me signed in. When I turn the TV back on I’m still signed in but once a month, I’m not. I have to resign in again. Can anyone tell me what causes that. I thought that you can stay signed in to your Netflix account forever. Why doesn’t it keep me signed in?
I never faced this issue with my Apple TV or Mac.

If you are using a Netflix app made by your TV manufacturer, I would suggest you check whether the TV software is up to date.

If the TV app is up to date, this might be due to your internet IP address. Is your internet IP dynamic? (Does it change time to time?) You can find out by going to Google and search "What is my IP". After that, restart your internet router and go to Google and search "what is my IP" again to see if the IP has changed or not.

I believe when your internet IP changes, Netflix thinks you might be from a new computer which is why they might be logging you out.

I have a static internet IP address, so that's why I might have never faced your problem.

While we are guessing the problem, you can try reaching out to Netflix ( https://help.netflix.com/en/ ) to see what exactly could the problem be. :unsure: They also have a live chat option at the bottom of the site.

cjmnews

Staff member
I also have not seen this on XBox 360. PS3, Vizio Smart TV or LG Smart TV. Nor do the other devices I support at other homes have this problem.

The Netflix site is suggesting a firmware update to the TV may resolve it. I would look for app updates as well.

DR0570

This is an LG smartTV, and it seems to happen once a month. It hasn’t prompted an update either. I also use YouTube on it and Youtube lets me know when I have to update YouTube. But Netflix never prompts me for an update......unless....of course it signing me out is Netflixes’ way of prompting me, I’m not sure.

cjmnews

Staff member
So yours is a WebOS TV, like mine.

You should probably uninstall Netflix then reinstall again

First, uninstall Netflix from your LG smart TV:
  • Click on the Home/Start button on your remote control to bring up the launch bar.
  • On the launch bar, click on “More apps” in the bottom-right corner.
  • Hover over the Netflix app until an arrow appears above it.
  • Click the arrow pointing up.
  • Click on the X symbol with a skull.
  • Confirm that you want to uninstall by clicking OK.
Now you’ll want to reinstall Netflix on LG smart TV:
  • Click on the Home/Start button on your remote control to bring up the launch bar.
  • On the launch bar, click on “More apps” in the bottom-right corner.
  • Click on the LG Content Store.
  • Click on Premium in the menu on the right.
  • Find the Netflix app and click Install.

ranbir02

I have never faced the problem in my smart t.v.