Need Library Help from an iTunes Wizard

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Woodie

My Library location was on a drive called local volumes - MP3 Drive and that is in the path of the xml file. That MP3 Drive is now a folder located on a drive called Hard Drive 2.
I directed iTunes to the new location in "Advanced", but unfortunately the path where iTunes thinks the files are is incorrect.

Can anyone help me keep my Library listing intact and redefine where these files are without having to select each, one by one.

Is there an app that fixes the path or searches for the missing files? Or a workaround?

Kind reply appreciated.

Website
dougscripts.com
Woodie said:
My Library location was on a drive called local volumes - MP3 Drive and that is in the path of the xml file. That MP3 Drive is now a folder located on a drive called Hard Drive 2.
I directed iTunes to the new location in "Advanced", but unfortunately the path where iTunes thinks the files are is incorrect.

Can anyone help me keep my Library listing intact and redefine where these files are without having to select each, one by one.

Is there an app that fixes the path or searches for the missing files? Or a workaround?

Kind reply appreciated.
If you set the iTunes Music folder location, then why do you say "but unfortunately the path where iTunes thinks the files are is incorrect"? Did you select the folder on the new hard drive?

(Nevermind what the xml file says; iTunes does not consult it but merely updates it on quitting.)

Where are your audio files now? Are they on "Hard Drive 2"? Or are they still on the original drive?

I would suggest to click on Consolidate under the Advanced menu. BUT fill me in on what I asked first :)

Last edited:

Woodie

Thanks for the reply Doug.

I actually fixed the problem by creating a new Library, using the Library Manager script and then dropping the folder on the Library.

Seems to have worked. Thank you