Need help with 2nd Generation iPod Classic

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

DR650SE

I just got an old but mint 2nd Generation iPod classic. I have a PC and iTunes doesn't see it. The laptop sees it as a hard drive, but iTunes doesn't see it. I reformatted it in FAT32, but now the iPod doesn't go to the Menu. Just gives me the folder with exclamation mark. So I need someway to get iTunes to recognize it.

The computer sees it as a hard drive, but iTunes gives me nothing. :/

Also I can't get Rock box to recognize it either.

Anyone know how I may get this to work....

EDIT: It came with a disc, I may have to see if that works...

EDIT: Disc is MAC only :( Not working.

It is an old 2002-3 10GB iPod with touch wheel.

cjmnews

Staff member
The typical help if you had not formatted it. iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch not recognized in iTunes for Windows (Remember you are not on IOS, so those IOS specific steps will not apply, silly Apple removing help for iPods)

You probably used Windows to format the iPod, and that apparently does not work correctly.
Based on old posts I found on this topic: http://forums.ilounge.com/ipod-classic-legacy-ipods/269196-ipod-cllassic-160gb-formatted-corrupted.html

You need to use the Fat32Formatter tool, then Recover the iPod by plugging into iTunes.
Fat32Formatter (My antivirus saw nothing wrong with it, but I didn't run it either) You may need to search for a tool if you don't trust one from Japan.