Need a Strong Case - Any Reccomendations?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

MattPaintballer

SLEEP NOW IN THE FIRE!!!
I need a case for my brother's iPod Mini. Origionally, I was looking at the iSkin, but now I've read some stuff about it being craptastical. So I'm looking for a good play-through protective case that offers click wheel and screen protection too.

My brother works out, and he'll probably drop the iPod quite a bit, so it has to be pretty protective

mjmoonwalker

Website
eminemjamesuk.com
Actually, I use the iSkin and it's very reliable and sturdy. If not, try the XtremeMac Shieldz or the TuffWrap, both from XtremeMac.

Try the accessory reviews at iLounge for more information.

iPodShadowboxer

I recently got a 4GB mini, and bought a case from customijackets.com. I haven't dropped it too many times yet, but it's holding up well. I want to make my own case if/when I get a new iPod, but the minimum is 50 - so if anyone wants an iJacket of someone getting punched in the face, please let me know, and I'll count you as one of the 50.

I've heard the same bad stuff about i-skin models, and I want to cry for anyone who thought about buying the sheepskin or furry covers. And there's something that looks like GUMBY? What is this world coming to?

Johnnybatters

I got a tan Vaja case that is still in great condition after ten months of use. If you don't mind spending a little extra check them out. Vajacases.com

ecnarf

KDUB82 said:
get a Capdase Staneless Steel Case for it, i have one and it is well worth the money.
Don't bother. I have one of those things, and I wouldn't be paid to use it.

For one thing, it does not hold the iPod well. It slides out easily.

Secondly, it's bulky. It increases the size of the iPod substantially.

And lastly, because it does not hold the iPod well, forget about proper protection during impact. I have some nice gouges along the top of my iPod from when my baby accidentally fell out of my pocket and onto some asphalt. You'd think a case would be able to protect against that.

Oh, and the lanyard the thing comes with? Mine broke in a month.

So I'm in the market for a new case.

obeyposse

I know I'm reviving this old thread but for anyone else still looking, I highly suggest an Agent18 case. ;)

Darkraver

thing is with hard plastic cases, is if you drop it on a hard surface from normal height, it'll probably crack and it's gone. I'd get the capdase stainless steel case. If it ever gets too loose, just take the ipod out, and bend the metal in a little and it'll be really snug.

-Dark

rachel2007

MattPaintballer said:
I need a case for my brother's iPod Mini. Origionally, I was looking at the iSkin, but now I've read some stuff about it being craptastical. So I'm looking for a good play-through protective case that offers click wheel and screen protection too.

My brother works out, and he'll probably drop the iPod quite a bit, so it has to be pretty protective
i always use exo case, it is made of non-scratch plastic. you aren't afraid of dropping.