NanoHatch

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Aristotle

come fly with me...
Website
www.jacobjob.com
I don't like the idea of that one so much, I could somehow see that clickwheel cover being broken off.

But... it definitely looks cool :)

Razortceps

I like this one the most, by far. Not only is the whole thing protected, but when your not using it (in otherwords the wheel) you can also connect the cap. I think it would be cooler though if the cap wasnt hindge on and could pop off so its not loosely hanging by the hindge when its open or just getting in the way of your grip around the thing.

GadgetGuru72

Anytime I see a new thread by mcdj I know I'm about to see something awesome. You really need to pitch some of these ideas to a company to make them.

yanco

Try this

Hi Mc - What a GREAT job !

Here is another idea:

How about instead of using a hinged cap, try using a classic leaf camera shutter. (The classic camera shutter design - several overlapping metal blades which can open and close to vary the size of the aperture) . You could install a small control button on the side (the shutter will be electrically motorized). When the control button is pressed the shutter opens thus revealing the click wheel, when it's pressed again the shutter closes thus protecting the click wheel.

While being a nice concept, I would think the main problem would be to get a small enough motor inside the case...

Maybe you could do another version that isn't motorized. Maybe install a tiny lever (or a small button on a "rail"). once you move the button/lever down, the hidden mechanism opens the shutter, and vice versa.

Alon

Attachments

jamontoast

love the idea. but the hinge is in a not so great spot.

but i LOVE all your cases and would buy one of each if i could....

stevenosloan

thats beautiful mcdj, kind of what i was envisioning, but w/o the beveled edge around the click wheel. what software did you use for that?

d-bear

someone's going to jack your idea and make millions of $$$$$$$$$.

well, probably not. but you never know....

y0ungkwang

Website
www.neopianpost.com
Wow I would buy that!!!
Complete protection something I like many other people want for their ipod...
You should show how thick it makes the ipod nano though.
(I know its not real but still it would be nice to know)

papayaninja

Better Than Cats
Website
www.google.com
I really like your stuff. I think Alon's idea is great also. If these were in production, I might have to buy a nano (Despite not particularly liking or having a use for them:\)

justanotheruser

mcdj...very impressed how you keep pouring it out...

I take it you do a little design work? Would it not be smarter to take on a few more clients than waste your energy on this?

Not that I didn't enjoy seeing your designs. ;)