Nano resets every time I press the center button - replaced Nano 4 times, what gives?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Monument Man

Hi, I've had four nanos exhibit the same exact behavior and I need help. After using the nano for a while, every time I press the center button of the click wheel, the nano will full reset itself back to the Apple logo on the screen.

My first three ipods I kind of thought that it was my fault, but now that it's happened 4 times, and Apple replaced my last iPod about 3 days ago, and my new iPod is ALREADY broken. Is there some type of virus in my iPod which is screwing up my nano? Is downloading podcasts screwing up the device?

anybody seen this behavior before? How can I fix it?

Each time, here's the deal:
TIME NUMBER 1) Took a long time for the nano to break, a few months. I had been using it extensively during rigorous cycling, and I figured that sweat had ruined the iPod. Apple replaced it due to the resetting problem.

TIME NUMBER 2) The iPod took a few months to break. The same exact problem again, but this time I was using a new leather case which appeared to have dented the back of the iPod. Apple told me that the dent was the problem, although they reluctantly agreed to replace the nano.

TIME NUMBER 3) Just a few days ago, my nano broke again. Apple told me that it was a software problem, and they restored the ipod software on my nano. That fixed the problem for a few days, but the click-wheel-center-button problem resurfaced after a few days. I returned to the Apple store and they replaced the nano.

TIME NUMBER 4) I've had this new nano for about 3 days, it's literally been babied. Not used very much, kept in a case the entire time, and I've really only used it a few times since I got it. It restarts every time I press the center button.

WHAT IN GODS NAME IS GOING ON? WHY DO ALL OF MY IPODS RESET ALL THE TIME SO THAT I CAN NOT LISTEN TO MUSIC AND USE THE MENU SYSTEM ON THE SCREEN?

Should I expect to simply constantly restore the software? Is this a problem which is common? Is one of my songs/podcasts installing a virus on my ipod?

Monument Man

wow this is exactly my problem. thanks so much, I've been searching the forums but haven't found these threads.

the click wheel breaks only when I click on the music menu, and I'm doing lots of podcast downloading. I keep my nano pretty full with music, so I delete all the podcasts on the nano before downloading a new batch, resulting in lots of empty podcast folders on the nano which are then refilled. Ug this is a beat situation but at least i know what's going on! Apple gave me a lot of grief about this one.....

Monument Man

by the way I have removed the empty folders from my nano's podcast menu and the nano is working perfectly. Ahhhhhh. success!

mithra

NOT a mind reader
Glad I could point you in the right direction.