nano included case

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

whocares33

iLounger
i ordered my nano (on apple site) on Friday and when i opened up today i saw a included case! its the same one as included in the 5G. (well, not really this one fits the nano) i dont remember hearing about this about or seeing one before

i took a few pics found here:

photobucket.com/albums/y109/murphy33/nano%20case/

i just thought you would like to know

Last edited:

ipodphoto30

hi and welcome to the lounge i've never heard about an included case either, i'm quite shocked.

photobucket.com/albums/y109/murphy33/nano%20case/

d-bear

here it comes....

"i'm returning my Nano for a new one because mine is all scratched now, and now they come with cases. i don't like having to cover my Nano all the time."

mtnagel

Not that I really want one, but if you bought a Nano previously and didn't get a case, I think Apple should allow you to bring in your sales receipt and get the case for free. That would be the right thing to do.

d-bear

mtnagel said:
Not that I really want one, but if you bought a Nano previously and didn't get a case, I think Apple should allow you to bring in your sales receipt and get the case for free. That would be the right thing to do.
you don't have a case already?

ovega03

i think that is the most pathetic attempt from apple to solve the scratching problem. What they should do is recall all the ipods that people have complained about and AT LEAST replace the outer casing with new and improved scratch resistant plastic....not some lame case that would fall apart in a week. So pathetic.

If apple did that, i think they would win over even more consumers. i would definitely become a dihard fan if i were to see a major company show that they care about their consumers. but business is business, and apple is just one of them who doenst care as long as they can sell.

mini.boss

d-bear said:
you don't have a case already?
ive had mine since launch and dont have the case i want yet either. i have one i sewed together from an eyeglass cleaner cloth, and i still have the "dont steal music" case (letters rubbed off of course), but i still cant find a case i want in the stores. contour needs to get on the apple shelves quick.

wickywicky

I love Apple and I love my nano... But it seems this is sort of a lame attempt to admit guilt, well... maybe not guilt, but neglect on their part for not including a case with nanos to begin with. At the same time, no press release / news has been made about now including cases... Sneaky.

Let's at least five them the benefit of the doubt that they'll handle this properly and offer something to those who bought nanos already.

What ever happened with that lawsuit? <goes off to look>

sfish

What they should do is recall all the ipods that people have complained about and AT LEAST replace the outer casing with new and improved scratch resistant plastic
Bwaaaaaahahahahahahahah!

Sweet feathery Saint McGregory in a chicken bucket! Why the hell does Apple owe anyone anything for scratching their own iPod? Do you get upset with Hyundai when you scratch your car and they won't give you a free paint job? Now Apple's giving people a case to avoid doing damage to the outside of something they carry around all the time and all you can do is complain? I could maybe see Apple sending a box of these to each iPod retailer so everyone who already bought one can pick up a free case, but even that is way beyond the call.

I'm so sick of this "the customer is always right and deserves everything for free" mentality that makes people think they deserve infinite protection from anything bad that could ever happen in life. And heaven help the company that refuses these ridiculous whining masses. Lately the tendency has been for them to group together, find some unscrupulous lawyer and threaten a lawsuit that will end up getting them nothing outside of money and recognition for their dubious legal representation.

Face it. Getting scratches on things is part of life. Don't get so upset about it that you want to sue someone. Pace yourself. There will be plenty of real reasons to be mad in life. This is not one of them.

Last edited:

geekboy2000

sfish said:
Bwaaaaaahahahahahahahah!

Sweet feathery Saint McGregory in a chicken bucket! Why the hell does Apple owe anyone anything for scratching their own iPod? Do you get upset with Hyundai when you scratch your car and they won't give you a free paint job? Now Apple's giving people a case to avoid doing damage to the outside of something they carry around all the time and all you can do is complain? I could maybe see Apple sending a box of these to each iPod retailer so everyone who already bought one can pick up a free case, but even that is way beyond the call.

I'm so sick of this "the customer is always right and deserves everything for free" mentality that makes people think they deserve infinite protection from anything bad that could ever happen in life. And heaven help the company that refuses these ridiculous whining masses. Lately the tendency has been for them to group together, find some unscrupulous lawyer and threaten a lawsuit that will end up getting them nothing outside of money and recognition for their dubious legal representation.

Face it. Getting scratches on things is part of life. Don't get so upset about it that you want to sue someone. Pace yourself. There will be plenty of real reasons to be mad in life. This is not one of them.

If you'd read the basis of the lawsuit, you'd see that it wasn't filed because people have fallen victim to some sort of demonic possession, and have scratched their own iPods. And please, be as concerned as you like about whatever you like, but don't presume to be able to dictate how anyone else should feel about anything.

teme

jeg815 said:
I just got off the phone with Apple customer service, they are nothing short of spectacular. I wrote this up detailing what happened.
Are you saying that Apple sent you a protective case just like that free of charge?