nano included case

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

d-bear

WickedSmurf said:

It'd be pretty LAME if they didn't. Hope they learn their lesson with the lawsuit.
yeah, in the future they will include a good case (that will likely get replaced anyway), and increase the price. yea!

ckerona

Second call.. this time the sales rep, after checking though his notes, said that the sleeve was definetely being issued free of charge to Nano owners. But he also said that since I was outside of the "14 day period", I wouldn't be able to get the sleeve. (I bought mine on Sept 20th).

acaurora

Hi, I'm new, but there is one inconsistency I'm noticing on the murphy33 photobucket album - a few pictures show the entire slip case being opaque. Another one shows the side to be transparent (see picture 10 of 13). Is this slip case two-sided for people that want opaque or transparent?

acaurora

jonnyk429 said:
I don't think it's transparent. It's just another shade of white that makes an illusion. Besides if it was transparent he would have noted it.
Oh, I see it now. Nevermind. By the way my friend finally got her iPod Nano Tubes - god those things are AWESOME.

Last edited:

brothermonk

Well I am out of my fourteen day period for sure, so if anyone gets a sleeve they don't want, I will gladly take it... seriously, PM me if you'd like to send one my way. I'd even pay a reasonable amount, it sounds like this sleeve is exactly the kind of case I need.

lawnboy246

Are the cases coming in more than one color or same colors as the Nano (black and white)? Only seen pics of the white case so far.

kensteele

I didn't get a case for my nano either...purchased the nano on Day 1. If anyone is not using their included case, I would be happy to take it off their hands. Thanks.

larkbird

kaboum said:
Hi jkads3.

The person was much more friendly than the women I have talked with initially. Maybe she was in her "red" day and/or didn't have sex last night, anyway the case is now in the mail and I hope she knows about it.

Hope this helps.

//Kaboum
Hey, thanks for all of your information, but do you really have to be a complete chauvinistic jerk? I hesitate to even respond to such a comment, but it's actually quite offensive and I couldn't in good conscience not point out 1) your assumption that she was on her period just because she wouldn't give you a free case (she may have been misinformed about the new cases, you may have been rude, or a million other variables) and 2) your assumption or reference that women need sex to be happy. Don't do it again...it's not funny.

kaboum

Hey larkbird,

(1) Please skip my posts in the future.
(2) Avoid taking things personally, life is much easier.
(3) You think I am a man, well think again....

Cheers!

Last edited:

larkbird

Don't worry, I didn't take it personally. But it's simply not funny to reduce women like that. It doesn't matter if you are a man or a woman, you are still making it easier for others to do the same, especially if you are a woman (or a hermaphrodite?). You are paving the way for it to be "okay" to do this, and it's not. That's the end of it...

Smilie

so only people who brought the nano in the last 14days can get them to send the sleeve/case??

and no1 who brought it when the nano just came out can get it??
any1 in the UK tried calling Apple to get the sleeve/case??
if so how did it work out???

Jodiuh

Jod click on post titled, "Nano included case" with great excitement.

Jod click on last page to view "updated events."

Jod find latest info...on..."red day?" :(

Jod click on new thread...

WickedSmurf

ckerona said:
...the sleeve was definetely being issued free of charge to Nano owners. But he also said that since I was outside of the "14 day period", I wouldn't be able to get the sleeve. (I bought mine on Sept 20th).
Please elaborate about the "14 day period" policy.

Well, I know I'll have second thoughts about buying Apple ever again. The way they have handled the scratch-vulnerable screen fiasco makes me question Apple's ethics and really shines lights on their disregard for its customer base.

brothermonk

^^ Usually, if you buy an Apple product and they significantly update it within 14 days of your purchase, they will let you upgrade to the new product for free. I think.

I spoke with the manager of the Apple Store in Santa Monica and he confirmed that nanos are shipping with cases, but Apple can't fully address people's concerns with getting sleeves for free until they make it official, i.e. publish it on their website.

teme

So, how many of you people who have purchased a nano before the sleeve was introduced have received a positive answer when asking Apple to send one?

What's your opinion, should one wait until the whole thing is official and written on Apple's homepage or is it better to contact Apple right away and demand they send you a sleeve or similar product?

For me this whole thing is more of a matter of principle than actual need for a sleeve. In my opinion Apple is obligated to give a sleeve for current owners as well.

yellowpoppy

Hi everyone

I'm new - just joined. I stumbled across this site while reading all about the problems of the ipod nano and scratching.

I am really interested to hear that they are now shipping with a case included. I was going to get one from apples own site because they do the free engraving. But all these reports about scratching has been putting me off getting one. Apart from the scratching issue, what do you reckon on the nano? I'd be interested to hear other people's comments. thanks.

d-bear

even with the scratching issue, my Nano is exactly what i was wanting in an mp3 player.

i believe the scratching issue is only a problem if you do not plan on covering your Nano. ever. for some reason. from day 1, when i started looking into mp3 players, i knew i was going to get a case for it. primarily for shock prevention, with scratch prevention being an added bonus. i also realized that something used daily will get scratched up, regardless of how cautiously it is used. so when i dicovered my first scratched, all that went through my head was "eh..."

the way i see it, if you go in with a realistic attitude, you won't be disappointed. if you go in expecting the end-all, be-all of mp3 players, you will be disappointed.

genesis

OMG...that's a NOT a case. IT's a cover...a cover that is useless. They didn't want to include the "real" case because it would hurt the case market.

iSkratch

If anyone ever meets steve jobs, give him a good swift kick in the nuts for all the swindled nano owners out there. :D