nano included case

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

thenerd

jeg815

Website
www.gadgetsonthego.net
I called 1800 my apple, I explained that I wanted to see if I could get a sleeve like the nanos are shipping with now. They couldn't do it. They decided to send me free of charge a case. I actually told them they didn't need to do this, I was just wanting the sleeve, mostly out of principle. The cases they are sending me is a 3 case extrememac tuffwrap for ipod nano. I again told them they did not need to do this, but I appreciate it:) I told them I am sure they are gonna start getting calls on this, and should come up with a better solution. I am happy that they took care of me, I did not expect this outcome though. I hope Apple does not get mad that I am posting this, but I think it shows great customer service. They do not need to send me what they are sending me, I made that clear.
I think we will be hearing how they are going to handle this, I doubt they will be sending out xtrememac tuffrwap 3 packs to everyone.

Dukka

quote:

Bwaaaaaahahahahahahahah!

Sweet feathery Saint McGregory in a chicken bucket! Why the hell does Apple owe anyone anything for scratching their own iPod? Do you get upset with Hyundai when you scratch your car and they won't give you a free paint job? Now Apple's giving people a case to avoid doing damage to the outside of something they carry around all the time and all you can do is complain? I could maybe see Apple sending a box of these to each iPod retailer so everyone who already bought one can pick up a free case, but even that is way beyond the call.

I'm so sick of this "the customer is always right and deserves everything for free" mentality that makes people think they deserve infinite protection from anything bad that could ever happen in life. And heaven help the company that refuses these ridiculous whining masses. Lately the tendency has been for them to group together, find some unscrupulous lawyer and threaten a lawsuit that will end up getting them nothing outside of money and recognition for their dubious legal representation.

Face it. Getting scratches on things is part of life. Don't get so upset about it that you want to sue someone. Pace yourself. There will be plenty of real reasons to be mad in life. This is not one of them.

Last edited by sfish on 11-10-2005 at 10:42 AM

Sfish, if your hyundai's paint started weathering and cracking almost instantly after purchase you would demand satisfactin.
The nano scratches when gently wiped with a MICROFIBER cloth made for cleaning exspensive camera lenses, that is way beyond what any consumer would fairly expect from a quality product in this price range made by a reputable manufacturer.
Pace YOURself there are plenty of ridiculous consumer complaints being made these days, for instance, hot coffee being hot???
this is not one of them!
Bwaaaaaahahahahahahahah!

jeg815

Website
www.gadgetsonthego.net
It's not a queston of them owing us anything. If they are going to ship the same exact product, no changes with a case to protect, Apple should do the right thing. I am not saying anyoone that bought a 60 gig iPod photo is entitled to a ipod video. Or if your screen scracthes it's Apple's fault. If they are going to include something in the SAME EXACT product, they should do something for the owners that bought them that didn't get a case. The Apple rep I spoke to was so kind, and understood what I meant. I even told her she did not need to send me those cases, I didn't decline, but said it wasn't necessary:) It just shows how well Apple's customer service is. I am sure they are now coming up with a plan to all the nano owners that rightfully deserve a case, as there were no changes to the nano that is shipping with a sleeve.

jeg815

Website
www.gadgetsonthego.net
All we want is the sleeve that is now standard with the nano. We are not asking for anything more. I am quite shocked that they did what they did for me. I suspect this isn't going to last, and we might see the sleeves being sent out to any iPod nano owner who bought one that didn't get a sleeve. Apple already has this stupid class action suit that I don't agree with. Things scratch. They are remedying this by including a sleeve now, but they are going to have to do something for nano owners who did not get one.

Last edited:

ThomasNewman1

I still haven't got my new nano yet, I have been waiting since my repair status hit "Replacement Ordered" on 10/27. My original nano came SCRAPED up on the metal and scratched on the plastic OUT OF THE BOX. I have spent a SERRIOUS 6 HOURS on the phone total to AT LEAST get my money back. No such luck.

My roomate ordered a brand new nano on Friday. He got it yesterday. Why hasn't mine come yet? They all ship from the same plant in China. I am very dissapointed in Apple, this has totally changed my view of the company. I get disconnected frequentlly when I call, and no, it has nothing to do with the phone I used, I tried various ones. Now the sleeves come with it to. No doubt I will not get one of those. Damn I wish I never got into this.

sfish

Dukka said:
Sfish, if your hyundai's paint started weathering and cracking almost instantly after purchase you would demand satisfactin.
Your example is irrelevant. There's a big difference between the finish deteriorating on its own and you damaging it yourself.

The nano scratches when gently wiped with a MICROFIBER cloth made for cleaning exspensive camera lenses, that is way beyond what any consumer would fairly expect from a quality product in this price range made by a reputable manufacturer.
I have a nano and it simply doesn't scratch that easily. Nice try.

Pace YOURself there are plenty of ridiculous consumer complaints being made these days, for instance, hot coffee being hot???
this is not one of them!
Bwaaaaaahahahahahahahah!
*yawn* You're inability to come up with a witty response isn't negated by copying my words and replacing a few with flimsy comparisons and bad spelling. You still have no defensible argument.

sfish

jeg815 said:
If they are going to include something in the SAME EXACT product, they should do something for the owners that bought them that didn't get a case.
Even though I would disagree with the expectation that a company can't start adding new features to a product without having to change it in some other significant way or give all previous owners a free upgrade, it certainly would be a nice gesture on Apple's part. I would like to see them ship a few to each retail outlet who could then hand them out to people who come back and ask for one. Or maybe if you register you nano they could follow up with those who didn't get a case and let them know how to get a free one.

d-bear

ThomasNewman1 said:
I still haven't got my new nano yet, I have been waiting since my repair status hit "Replacement Ordered" on 10/27. My original nano came SCRAPED up on the metal and scratched on the plastic OUT OF THE BOX. I have spent a SERRIOUS 6 HOURS on the phone total to AT LEAST get my money back. No such luck.

My roomate ordered a brand new nano on Friday. He got it yesterday. Why hasn't mine come yet? They all ship from the same plant in China. I am very dissapointed in Apple, this has totally changed my view of the company. I get disconnected frequentlly when I call, and no, it has nothing to do with the phone I used, I tried various ones. Now the sleeves come with it to. No doubt I will not get one of those. Damn I wish I never got into this.
i know a guy named Thomas Neuman.

lawnboy246

As long as you buy a case for the Nano and put it in the case as soon as you open the Nano box, what's the big deal?

jeg815

Website
www.gadgetsonthego.net
I guess the big deal is since Apple is including the sleeve now with the same nanos we all bought, it seems only fair that current nano owners get the sleeve.

teme

lawnboy246 said:
As long as you buy a case for the Nano and put it in the case as soon as you open the Nano box, what's the big deal?
At least to me this looks like Apple is silently admitting that there indeed might be a problem of nanos scratching too easily - Why else would they now ship it with the sleeve? Heck, when I called AppleStore to purchase my nano the guy at the other end said that buying a case is pretty much mandatory.

What I'm basically trying to say is that if nano doesn't retain its original condition under normal usage without a case or sleeve and Apple is now admitting that, they definetely should give the protective sleeve or some other case to current nano owners as well. This would strike as good publicity among all the class action suits going on. You just don't forget your current customers after you've got their money, do you?

jeg815

Website
www.gadgetsonthego.net
GREAT POINT. thats why I published it at my website, it shows how great Apple's Customer Service is. They didn't forget their current customer (me) they sent me a much better 3 pack of cases for free.

lawnboy246

OK; so you bought a new Nano already and fresh out of the box you put on the Crystal Film Cover Set by Power Support and then put it in a case such as the InCase Sleeve...again, what good would the sleeve do you that Apple is now including?

Granted it a sleeve, but it appears you still have to take the Nano out of it is a solid sleeve and you cannot access or view the display. Seems it would have made more sense to maybe give existing or even new users a gift card or something or download a small number of songs from iTunes for no charge.

Again, great to hear that Apple is including the sleeve, but from what I have seen with it, not sure how many people would actually want the one they are shipping as most people like to customize with a case specifically for their needs with is the reason for all of the 3rd party styles, colors, etc.

jeg815 said:
I guess the big deal is since Apple is including the sleeve now with the same nanos we all bought, it seems only fair that current nano owners get the sleeve.

chrisjg

UK sales support response

Just spoke to sales support in the UK (a guy called David). He didn't know anything about this case, I was on hold for a while - I guess he asked around the office to see if anyone else knew.

He said he would try to find out about this, and seemed a little put-out that news was posted to the internet before they were told internally.

I had to tell him where I found out about the case being shipped.

Hopefully I will get sent a case when UK sales support are informed officialy.

xenithon

Yup, same thing here! I got my Nano delivered two days ago. I enquired today at Apple South Africa and they knew nada about it. They told me that when Apple does ANY sort of change like this, there is a change/addition in part numbers. But no such changes are recorded on the list. Also at the official Apple Nano webpage under the included items, the sleeve is not there.

I told them to check with Apple headquarters to know WTF is going on and insist on sending a protective sleeve my way ;)

coolio

Re: UK sales support response

chrisjg said:
Just spoke to sales support in the UK (a guy called David). He didn't know anything about this case, I was on hold for a while - I guess he asked around the office to see if anyone else knew.

He said he would try to find out about this, and seemed a little put-out that news was posted to the internet before they were told internally.

I had to tell him where I found out about the case being shipped.

Hopefully I will get sent a case when UK sales support are informed officialy.
Report back how you get on, Ive bought 3 nanos, for me, brother and a friend so would like to see the UK peeps get the free cases as well.

ovega03

sfish is the perfect example of the american public that loves to be bent over and shafted by a major corporation. Thats all corporations do these days, push the limits to see how far they can ram a cold silver pole up your asses. With the release of the butter coated nano, apple has become one of them.

I seriously took the protective film off the nano and wiped it with a lens cleaner and it got scuffed up. Some people say their nano doesnt scratch that easily, you must be blind. They arent deep scratches but are visible scuffs when looked upon under light. I have mine in a case and i love it, but for those who dont have a case i cant imagine how your nano will look in six months...will you simlpy go out and buy another, and get shafted again? most likely. im sure sfish would. its not that people are demanding to be right, but when you dish out 250 bucks for an mp3 player, you would expect it to be quite durable for at least a year.

Im sure it was intended to make a fragile coating on the nanos becuase apple noticed that selling accessories brings in a majority of their revenue. why else do you think they wouldnt make a stronger coated nano?

lawnboy246

So out of curiousity, I just called Apple and the customer service rep had no idea what I was talking about. Is there a specific department you with through to get this?

lawnboy246

Spoke with the following departments and none of them had a clue about this mysterious sleeve: Sales, Customer Service, and Customer Relations.

Any ideas?