• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

My Palm Pilot success story!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Joshdude

One cool dude, indeed.
Ok so I walked into the Apple Store today expecting to just return my 3G 20GB refurb iPod. While doing that I found out that the other Apple store I had bought it at had overcharged me quite a bit for it, but that's another story.
So I notice that the store (this is the South Coast Plaza one, by the way) is having one of their clearance sales. Those of you who go into Apple retail stores often know what I'm talking about. Basically, as returned, opened items accumulate, they sell them all at the back as "refreshed" or "demo" and with discounts. So I was picking through the Tunecast II's and JamJackets when I noticed something. It was a Palm Zire 21, or so I thought. I picked it up and looked at it. "90 bucks. Not bad." I thought to myself. But something wasn't right. I looked at the palm packaged inside, and it was a Zire 71. Recently discontinued for the newer Zire 72, it really is one of their higher end units. New it costs about $250 now. $300 before it was replaced. I was excited. I was about to get a $300 Palm for $90! It said it was a "demo" unit, but I thought it couldn't be that bad. Well I took it home and opened it. It was thrashed. Totally beat up, and wouldn't power on or charge. After thinking for a minute, I decided to call Palm. Thank goodness it wouldn't turn on, because that gave me grounds to send it in. They said they'll replace it with a refurbished unit. I'm sending it out tomorrow.

Joshdude

One cool dude, indeed.
I KNOW!!!:) :D

By the way, I also got:
3G dock for $30
inCase leather case for $15
Apple in-ear headphones for $20
10 ft. USB extension cable for $6
Sweet deals!!

Joshdude

One cool dude, indeed.
Yeah I got really lucky. Good thing I have all the necessary accessories from my old Palm, because the stuff I got isn't compatible with the Zire 71. Otherwise I'd have to run out and buy some. Although, if I pull a few strings I could probably get a new cradle or something. Maybe a case...

Joshdude

One cool dude, indeed.
I knew it could be used as an MP3 player, but can I play my iTunes songs? I use a Mac, so is it still possible to use it that way? I didn't even get an instruction manual. I got Zire 21 documentation, a USB cable, and a Zire 21 rubber cover thing (useless).

jpod999

4G'n "fo life"
those sales that the apple stores have are the best! sometimes they even have ipods. at the store nearest me there is a 4g 20gig for 269.99. i am really tempted to get it but i think i will hold off. i also got my computer that i am on right now from one of those sales for 899.99. it is a 12 in ibook g4 and i love it. i hope apple stores never stop having the sales, they are great!!!!!!