My order is in

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

wyneken

8:33 a.m. EST.

The Apple Education Store (online) was actually open for orders a little before the announced time of 8:30. There is no education discount, and no other freebie thrown in.

I ordered:
32GB wifi only
Apple case
Keyboard dock
AppleCare

With tax, it comes to about $850.

dowzup

me too

Ordered a 64gb wi-fi and
case
dock
cable...

$796 plus tax.

hit the place order button at 8:32 :)

joe

JSRinUK

Not wanting to feel left out over here on this "Land That Apple Forgot", I've bought myself a battery-powered travel router so that I can use my iPod Touch via 3G while out and about.

I was buying it for the iPad but, given the latest estimate on availability for non-US customers from Apple is "late next Ice Age", I decided to get in early. ;)

sracer

8:33 a.m. EST.

The Apple Education Store (online) was actually open for orders a little before the announced time of 8:30. There is no education discount, and no other freebie thrown in.

I ordered:
32GB wifi only
Apple case
Keyboard dock
AppleCare

With tax, it comes to about $850.
Nice....
I ordered:
- 32GB wifi only
- Apple case
- keyboard dock
- VGA cable

hopefully it will be delivered as estimated.

kornchild2002

I had my cursor hovering around the pre-order button but I never clicked it. The total price would come out to about $853 (that includes 6% Kentucky state tax) over here for the 64GB iPad (wi-fi only), standard dock, Apple case, and VGA adapter. However, as I said before, I refuse to blindly purchase technology and it didn't help that I won't get paid until the 7th of April despite having worked this new job since the end of February (damn that automatic deposit). I think that everyone should at least see an iPad in person and handle one for 5-10 minutes before making the plunge. $853 is a lot to spend on something that will be $200 less expensive next year (while having more features) without actually seeing one in person. What if it was like the first 160GB iPod classic? The multi-touch could be buggy, the screen could have a contrast issue like some first generation iPod touch models, there could be other software issues, etc. That is just too much to risk (along with the high price) without seeing how it works and handles in person.

Reviews don't really help that much either. One person might say that the performance is OK when it is actually buggy. They also might hate on a product while others think that the high price is worth it. There are just too many "what ifs" and "maybes" to gamble on blindly getting an iPad. I will go into the local Apple store on the 10th of April to see one and then make my decision. I might walk out of the store with one (if they have any in-stock) or just place an order with them or on Apple.com. However, shipping will be another issue if I end up doing that (hopefully, by that time, Amazon.com gets the 64GB model in stock).

ipadgypsy

I'm a risk taker.....

ordered 64gb/wifi/3g
keyboard dock
case
power cord

Total just over $1,000 with the tax...(I know..)

I know I have to wait longer - but I love the set up for using the 3g as needed with the ability to cancel/change/upgrade right from the ipad...

ooooo....I can hardly stand the waiting....

ipadgypsy