My music is not showin on my ipod after transfer from itunes?!?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

maisy

Ski & Blade
Hi,

I am sure this is not the first time this has happened but I have not been able to find any reference to it on the forums so.......

This is my first go at this, I have just ripped/encoded a CD into itunes and have then transferred it to my 4th gen ipod hp via USB 2.0. The songs are showing on my ipod when it is plugged into itunes and I select it on the source menu, but nothing is showing when I actully use the menu system directly on my new ipod to play the music.

Why is this??

maisy

Ski & Blade
Update....

I thought the problem might have stemmed from having ripped from an invalid CD, but I have just downloaded a song from iTunes, which I have then transferred to my ipod, which again is showing as a song file when I click on my ipod in the source list but again is not listed on the ipod itself!!

Despite having downloaded a whole album from CD and now this song from iTunes, neither are showing on the thing itself!!

Please help!!

studogvetmed

Website
www.vandeventers.com
So there is nothing in Browse-->artists

Are you looking at the menu system on the hard drive itself? The files on the hard drive are hidden.

Can you put the cursor over the browse option on the main menu and just click play? Does anything play?

Why so soon, I don't know, but the database of the iPod may be corrupted. Restore the firmware and resync the iPod would be my recommendation if the above doesn't help.

Good luck,
Stuart

maisy

Ski & Blade
Yes thats right if I go into the main menu > music > artists etc there is nothing showing. Also if I go into settings > about, the songs tally is at zero and capacity is 18.5GB and available is 18.5GB?