• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

My Macbook Pro is screwed, PLEASE HELP!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

xboxman

Expelliarmus!
I need some help rather desperately from the Mac folk here. I am having some serious issues with my Macbook Pro which is really starting to annoy me, especially as I don't know Tiger or Leopard nearly as well as XP/Vista (where I can sort out the problem myself).

First of all, my problem stems back from Tiger in which my system preferences reset after I turn my Mac off. When I power on again, my dock is reset back to it's default settings (even after a Leopard upgrade today, this problem still persists). My mouse and trackpad settings reset etc.

Secondly, Firefox 3 now refuses to open.

Thirdly, in Safari I keep getting an error message in EVERY new page I navigate to saying that my keychain is corrupted or something to that effect.

Forth, my harddrive is saying that I have around 50gb free despite the fact that I know I have at least 30gb more after clearing out old documents and applications (I was sad enough to count as I deleted one thing after the other).

Lastly, now after upgrading I am getting a constant error message saying that the "installedb" file failed to open and all I can really do to get rid of the message is select "ignore".

ANY help would be appreciated as I am getting quite...anxious about the whole thing. A year running without issues and now all of this at once?

Oh yeah, and although I am connected my system won't even pick up 10.5.4 so I am stick on 10.4.1. :confused:

I am currently abroad, so even though I can just do a fresh install which I am tempted to do right now despite the hour, I don't want to have to resort to that unless necessary.

xboxman

Expelliarmus!
To be honest dude I am going to wipe my hard drive and do a fresh install in the morning. I reset my computer and run for updates again and managed to find 10.5.4, but the same "installedb" message comes up as does the Safari error message. I cleared up my dock while I was waiting for the update to download and that is the same so I am assuming something was corrected.

Firefox is still refusing to open so it is pretty much the last straw for me. If a fresh installation doesn't work then I will have to book myself an appointment at the local Apple store and let them sort it out.

I am so unbelievably annoyed about this as I have had no problems for the past year and now something like this has happened and I can't fix it.

I am also still missing 30gb of HD space and well...I am not too fond of Leopard and am missing the ever faithful Tiger already.