my Mac keeps losing sound

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

DR0570

this happens a lot. the volume is even up all the way not muted yet there's no sound. I try ALL things music, YouTube, Netflix, anything that uses sound... nothing. I always have to restart it for the sound to work again.

cjmnews

Staff member
There are a couple of usual culprits for this:

The audio is muted in the Sound panel.
  • On your Mac, choose Apple menu
    > System Settings, then click Sound
    in the sidebar. (You may need to scroll down.)

• Click Output on the right. Make sure [Mac model] Speakers is selected, the “Output volume” slider is not all the way to the left, and the Mute checkbox is not selected.
Booting can choose the wrong output device.

Open the System Settings app in the Dock or from the Apple icon in the menu bar, then click Sound in the sidebar. Here, you will see a tab called Output. In this tab, you should see options for choosing a sound device. Try setting the sound to Internal Speakers (the name of the speakers might reflect your device, such as MacBook Pro Speakers). While you are at it, take a look at the volume bar below and make sure that your output volume is turned up and Mute is unchecked. At the top of the window, ensure Play sound effects through is also set to your device’s speakers.​