My iPod touch murdered my 5G iPod

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

jeremy3721

I've had my 5G iPod since just after it was released and had zero problems with it. I really wanted the touch but finances have been tight, however my girlfriend FINALLY agreed on the condition that she would get the old 5G.

Well I went to the Apple store yesterdy and picked up my new iPod touch. I brought it home and synced it the way I wanted and then began working on setting up the old 5G with all the television shows my girlfriend wants to watch.

Not two minutes into syncing I hear the sound of grinding coming from the iPod. I rebooted to find that the grinding continued and the iPod would no longer boot from the Apple logo. It got really hot so I finally took the case apart so I coul disconnec the drive before it melted the darn thing or caused a fire.

My girlfriend is going to KILL ME!

Last edited:

yensed

Anti-Fanboy.
Website
www.digg.com
Did the 5th Gen happen to have any Celine Dion songs or episodes of Desperate Housewives on it? The iPodT might have though it was doing you a favor.

Ldog12395

yensed said:
Did the 5th Gen happen to have any Celine Dion songs or episodes of Desperate Housewives on it? The iPodT might have though it was doing you a favor.
lol!......

VipFREAK

I think it's printed on the warning page in the manual that it's not recommend... ?

GSA190

I would take it back to the apple store and get another Ipod Touch.

PS-Don't tell your girlfriend.