My iPod hates country music

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

adamb10

Everytime I try to play a country song it won't play. If in shuffle, it skips it, if playing as a single song it just takes me back to the main menu.

mrleung21

LOL good move on apple's part. You should have known better to put "that" in your ipod :)

Rod Smith

There is another kind of music? Why listen to music that isn't country? Maybe try some alt country, some Hank covers, etc to smart up your ipod. If it doesn't come around, return it and report the seller to homeland security. Our safety begins with you!

Razor70

But just remember..you can't say Bomb on a airplane.

Actually that's weird, maybe try reripping the songs into itunes and reputting them on your ipod may help.

jonnny

Rod Smith said:
Which country? Everyone hates your country's music, right?
lol!

Let's not all poke fun at him/her, now. We've all got our tastes, and s/he's entitled to whatever s/he wants to listen to.

But hmm..make sure that it isn't happening to your songs in other genres--it might be a problem with the rip rather than the labeling of the files.

Oh, do they play fine in iTunes?

adamb10

I'm not a big fan of country myself. I only have about 3 country songs on my iPod.

adamb10

My iPod also hates the stones, black eyed peas, gwen Stefani, Counting Crows, Ryan Cabrera.

Last edited:

adamb10

I fixed it. I just connected iPod to the pc and now all is well. :)

shenkin

Let's face it. Country music is an acquired taste. My iPod had this problem at first, but I was able to get it used to country music by going through the following procedure.

First, start out with stuff that is basically country crossover / easy listening. This will fool your iPod into thinking it's listening to something else. Patsy Cline's later recordings (after her Nashville producers replaced fiddle and pedal steel with strings and background vocals) might be a good place to start. If your iPod can't take a steady diet of this, then try mixing one or two of these cuts in with other material. Jim Reeves should also be smarmy enough to trick your iPod.

Once your iPod can accept country music at this level, you can move to material more characteristic of the genre. Perhaps early Patsy, or you can also start with late Eddy Arnold and go back in time to the great late-'40s recordings with Little Roy Wiggins on steel. You'll have to do this slowly of course, watching carefully for any signs of protest.

Speaking of "Slowly", it's probably a bit early to intoduce Webb Pierce at this point, but the goal is to get there and beyond. You'll know you've succeeded arrived when you iPod can play people like Ernest Tubb and Molly O'Day without flinching.

On the way, you might try some Willie Nelson; his sound is familiar enough that your iPod might not be scared away. Then you can work back to Willie songs made famous by other artists, like "Night Life" (Ray Price), "Crazy" (Patsy), "Hello Walls" (Faron Young).

And whatever you don't forget Merle Haggard.

I hope this post has been useful. It worked on my wife, too, by the way.

sgryzko

I do too.

Try to fool your iPod by changing the genre. haha. See if it still skips them.

skruggie

My ipod loves country music. It wouldn't be able to function without it.

My ipod also loves Barry Manilow, Carly Simon, Barbra Steisand, Michael Crawford....

it is a very eclectic ipod:)

Donkey_Kong

Website
www.cravers80.com
skruggie said:
My ipod loves country music. It wouldn't be able to function without it.

My ipod also loves Barry Manilow, Carly Simon, Barbra Steisand, Michael Crawford....

it is a very eclectic ipod:)
Sounds like your ipod is a sheep f##ker to me

trippey

Have you updated to the newest version of iTunes. I work in an Apple Reseller and a customer came in with a similar problem her iPod wouldn't play songs from the iTunes music store. A quick iTunes update had her music playing loud and clear.... hope that helps

Live by the Force