• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

My iPod And Eye.

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

mtkversion

I've been hearing about the iPod for the past year but never really took to it but a few months ago.

But the price tag always deterred me.

Then I find out about iPodlounge.com and after reading through the forums and the articles, I just had to have one.

Well after a little wheeling and dealing on some parts of my car stereo, I have my first iPod.

A 3rd gen 15gb with a Belkin car adapter and FM tuner for just $300.

The guy who sold it to me even gave me the receipt so I have the remainder of the warranty. It was purchased in late May 2003 for a total of $446.

I've been messing with it for the past hour and was not impressed by the earbuds that come with it, but after listening through my regular headphones, the sound is quite good. Good enough for me at least. I will have to look for a decent pair of earbuds to replace the Apple buds.

I ordered a firewire card from Newegg so I could put on some of my songs but the guy sold it to me with about 2,000 of his own songs on it so I can still listen to it while I wait for the card. Luckily the guy has the same tastes in music so I can realistically compare.

Overall, I am very glad I picked this one up especially at the price it was being sold for. But also because of how #### cool the thing is. The best $300 I spent besides on hookers and crack.

Here's a picture of everything ... :D

sinster

Bakka Gaijin des!
Welcome to the world. It really is money well spent.
What setup do you have for it in the car? any cradle? I am still on the hunt on how to set it up in mine, but I am waiting for my iTrip..so looking for ideas.

Thanks.

DJ Hyp3rion

Website
projp.no-ip.com
Wow, that's a great deal. #300 for a 3G 15GB WITH that stuff? I (my parents, :D) payed $300 for my 3G 10GB. Without a dock. Or an FM transmitter. Or a car charger. Well, have fun with it. The FW drive capabilities are amazing. Right now, I have a copy of OS X installed on it, jus t in case my computer crashes. AND I still have half of it empty. I need more songs...

mtkversion

Well after almost 2 weeks with it, I'm even more impressed with it.

Sound is much better with my own MP3s loaded onto it. The Apple earbuds are nice for taking the thing to school and out and about, but when I'm at home, I use the Sonys. Can get very loud but I usually listen to it at about half volume.

I picked up a DLO Jam Jacket case for it and it is well protected. Looking into an iSkin EXO next.

I initially was going to sell the Belkin FM Tuner/Adapter but after trying them out in my car, I will be keeping the pair until the new iTrips are out then those are getting tossed.

Haven't had any problems with the thing yet, no resets that were warranted, I did reset because I thought there was a problem with it, but it ended up being something that was my fault.

After getting the iTrip I will be looking into a Headsave Mint amp from www.headsave.com to even better the sound quality of quite a nice little portable setup.

:D