My iPhone is Possessed--or--The Bermuda Triangle on my Nightstand

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

emmcubed

All right, so this is weird.

Like many, I've noticed the significant amount of TDMA noise coming from my iPhone--computer speakers, car speakers, and even nearby baby monitors.

So beside my bed, I have my iPhone on its dock (I move it there every night and use it for an alarm clock), a touch-sensitive lamp from Target (I say this only because it was an inexpensive, not cheaply made, lamp), and the aforementioned baby monitor.

The other night, around 2 or 3 AM, immediately after I lay down in bed...

The lamp switches on.

And right before that--TDMA noise through the baby monitor.

So either something in that transmission between phone and tower is able to trigger the circuitry in the lamp, making it toggle on, or my iPhone is under the control of the Prince of Darkness.

At this point, I'm not sure which I believe to be more likely. This is a common occurrence now and it happens all through the night. My wife and son and I get great pleasure from sitting by the nightstand, waiting for the moment we will hear the chirping of the phone-tower handshake so we can completely creep ourselves out one more time.

Now, I wonder if I should even ask: Has ANYONE experienced ANYTHING remotely like this or do I need to see if there is a licensed exorcist on staff at the genius bar?

bobb-mini

Insanely Sarcastic
If u were from Roswell, New Mexico, I would say... :D

What u wanna hear? Put some distance between phone and affected equipment should do the trick, an extra few feet should do it. Or some kind of shielding in between.

ATJxTPB

You're iPhone isn't possessed LOL. It's just radio interference with the iPhone. You can get more info here.

emmcubed

Thanks for the replies. I hope the tongue-in-cheek nature of the post was obvious, but if I have to state that I dont REALLY believe that my phone is possessed...then...ah well. Failure as a comedian.

Of course, I am aware how to stop it (just don't put the phone there), but I really just wonder if anyone knows a scientific reason why the TDMA noise would be capable of turning a lamp on. I never would have expected to be asleep and have my phone wake me up even without ringing! :)