My iPad will not recognize as one album

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

DR0570

I just reloaded my muson my iPad. I wanted to put complete albums on there but the iPad does not recognize the songs being from the same album. For example one album is Led Zeppelin’s “Houses of The Holy” the album is listed on my iPad 8 times as if it’s a different album. All my music is like that on my iPad...but not on my iTunes. Please tell me how to fix this?

DR0570

This happened the first time I did this so I just figured ”just put in songs and shuffle, dont worry bout albums so I did. But overtime I discovered that somehow eventually they became one album. I don’t know what happened...so I decided the iPad was fixed and I tried again because some of the songs I put on there was edited single versions and not albums versions because I just shuffled all the songs at random because I thought that was all I could do but then I saw they became one album so... I decided to give it another chance...☹ it happened again
please help?

DR0570

again. It is NOT like this on the iTunes on the computer it is correctly on the computer.... just not on the iPad... why???????

cjmnews

Staff member
Since the album is complete in iTunes, that eliminates several things like Album name, Artist name with hidden differences (leading or trailing spaces).

The options could cause this if you have some of them set as compilation and others not. You may need to turn it on and off in iTunes and resync to see it joined again.

Another possible cause is Album Artist, Album Sort or Artist Sort values are different between the tracks. For example, if some were from a Greatest Hits and others were not. iTunes usually ignores the Album Artist and Sort values as we don't have them showing with the tracks. Making these values the same should fix it.

In some cases the fixes above will not be reflected in iOS unless you remove the tracks from iOS and add them again.

DR0570

I solved this problem. I synced from a playlist from iTunes....
😥😩 but now I have a whole new major problem! Another thread...