My HELLISH iTunes 5 experience

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

iPac

Website
www.thuglifearmy.com
Hello all, don't post much anymore, but this is SERIOUSLY ####ing me off!!!! :mad:

So Apple decide to release a new version of iTunes; Whoop de doo! I install the new iTunes 5, about 1 month ago, then restart my computer.

When I then go to burn a disc to iTunes, THERE IS NO DVD-ROM DRIVE, so I cant install anything off disc, nothing, the dvd-rom has no use.

Eventually after putting up for a while with no drive, i decide to re-format my computer.....Great, cause without iTunes bugging me on there, my dvd-rom works fine!

At this time, I hadnt actually noticed it was iTunes that was doing it, so I re-install iTunes.....get the same problem. And un-aware for 3 whole re-formats, i go re-installing the ####ing evil culprit!!!

So now I've finally realised, after watching what it does closely. So I cant used iTunes cause im stuffed, unless they release a new one soon, or someone has iTunes 4.7.1 or something.....

Can anybody help !!!!!

Its anoying me SO much....please!

Desperate, depressed, dumbfounded iPac!! :confused: :mad: :(

iPac

Website
www.thuglifearmy.com
Cheers guy/ladies(?) Not telling me when i get replies anymore for some reason. lol.....

I did google it but nothing much came up, and thanks everyone, but I went with nicksters link ;)

iPac

Website
www.thuglifearmy.com
Arghh!! Now I try and install the old iTunes, and says "iTunes library could not be read because it was already created by a newer iTunes"....So im geussing I have to reformat AGAIN, which I only just did this morning, and it takes ages!. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

The funny thing is, my brother has EXACTLY the same PC, and the iTunes doesnt affect his???? I need help!!??

..andloveisreal

I don't even listen to U2
Website
ohbuoyancy.net
iPac said:
Arghh!! Now I try and install the old iTunes, and says "iTunes library could not be read because it was already created by a newer iTunes"....So im geussing I have to reformat AGAIN, which I only just did this morning, and it takes ages!. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
:rolleyes: Just delete the library files in the itunes folder.

iPac

Website
www.thuglifearmy.com
Heyy dont :rolleyes: me!:p

I tried that, and deleted all of them, but it wouldnt let me delete "iTuneshelper", or the folder itself, so it still wont work :confused:

BaMaFeVeR

B-A-M-A Roll Tide Roll!
Close iTunesHelper by disabling its Process through the Processes Tab of Windows Task Manager. Then, uninstall and delete...install old iTunes, etc..

iPac

Website
www.thuglifearmy.com
Ahh well I just went for a re-format and Im just getting my music onto my PC. I will then install the old iTunes....if that f*ks it up, then Ill take it to my cousin...(pc wiz..seriously hes insane)

Thanks everyone, will post up if it goes wrong again.

~iPac

Nickster

GODZILLA!!!111oneone
Website
thenickster.net
Heh I should have mentioned this (I didn't have time to completely explain) my upgrade to itunes 5 was hellish to. I wanted to get back to 4.9 but it said that 5 was still there so I used the windows restore utility (never thought I would) and restored the machine to the day before I upgraded to itunes 5. Worked great I just had to reinstall iTunes 4.9 because it couldn't correct some of the registry components.

jmmorgan

Website
www.mypleasureisland.co.uk
I had a similar experience. It totally destroyed my internet connection. The only way I could connect was to restore using a system restore point. Did this twice then twigged it was the updated iTunes.

Must have wasted two half days on this issue. Now I have no iTunes at all, cannot synchronise or anything. Not willing to install again until people stop reporting instability in an upgraded piece of software that doesn't wreck peoples machines!

Mogsta