My first Ipod, need a case but which one?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

JaredM

Ok i just got my frist Ipod today. Originally i was thinking about the ipod armor. Complete protection (except waterproff but who cares) But then i was kind of wanting access to the click wheel. I stil think i will probably get the ipod armor because i want to protect this valuable ipod. I also heard that the ipod was hard to get out of case. I would like to keep it out of case if im listening to it in car(not driving) or in my house. I can't decide. someone help!

mcbain

i jsut got my isee-20 today, its good but my ipod still hasnt come!:mad:
o well, and its cheaper than the ipod armor

lili

JaredM, I use and recommend the Contour Design Showcase for protecting your iPod (http://www.ipodlounge.com/reviews_m...id=4989_0_6_0_M).
The Showcase provides access to the click wheel, it is compatible with other third party click wheel protection products too. It is very easy to remove the iPod from the Showcase, due to the design of the 'latch'. I keep my iPod in the Showcase when I'm out, but remove it from the case (almost every day) so I can use the dock stand when I connect my iPod to my PC.

I did some extensive reading on hard cases when I bought my 60GB iPod last year and considered the Armour case too. The iPod Armour is one of the most protective cases on the market, though the extra protection provided, reduces the accessiblity. I've found the Showcase to be more than adequate for protecting my iPod, providing access to the screen & controls, but allowing me to insert/remove the iPod easily. So much that I purchased two Showcases. Cheers.

PS Congrats on your new iPod. Which one did you get?

JaredM

Thanks, I got the 4g 20gb. I now have one cd on it and am ripping like crazy!

lili

Your welcome JaredM,
The Showcase was designed for the thicker 40GB+ iPods, so if you really like the 'slim' look of the 20GB this may not be the case for you (iPod Armour would have the same problem too).

PS Oh the joys of ripping your CD's - I spent all New Years ripping mine *picture close to 6 feet of CD cases lined up on the floor next to the PC* LOL

lili

JaredM, the foam insert goes inside the case (basically it pads the back of the case so that the 20GB doesn't move around). Cheers.

JaredM

I would buy that case but i like the slim look of the 20gb. I think i might buy ipod amor for now. then svae up till i can buy a case for carrying around.