My computer completely ignores my iPad.

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

DR0570

I’ve noticed that I have 23GB left on my pad and since I’m going on vacation, I’d like to see if I can’t put some music on there only about 9GB. I put the USB in the computer....and nothing, it’s as if nothing was in there I unlocked my pad, iTunes was up but nada nothing.
I searched the computer and internet, I googled the problem: There’s no Apple mobile device USB driver.
I tried to download one but still nothing. And the Apple mobile device USB driver won’t show up on the computer.
Another thing I badicly thought, since I use my iPad and smartTV for Youtube, Netflix, email and other internet stuff I thought I would lessen my internet activity on my computer which is small enough to be portable and folds back iPad style. And use it mostly as a media player.....BUT the thing froze up on me twice. I’m just having problem after problem after problem 😥😩
And all day yestrday this forum was down so I had to bug my internet computer friend from whom I bought the computer from. Please do you have any answers for me? I’m just trying to reclaim as much as I possibly can since the robbery.
Ps. I took some pics with my iPad of my computer problems and sent it to him, they’re still on my iPad, is there a way I can post them here, so you’d have an idea what I’m dealing with?

Last edited:

DR0570

I took another pic with my iPhone, to get a better view....so much for that, screen so bright you can’t see it. I put my iTunes and “my computer” page side by side on the screen to show that nothing is being recognized by the computer or iPad, but since you can’t see the computer screen, I’m pretty much out of luck...😩😥😭...this is really upsetting me. It’s like I plugged in a dead wire..... NOTHING! I just need to know WHY!
I’m taking a vacation to California in October, I was hoping to have some music on my iPad to make packing easier. But..... 🙁

Attachments

cjmnews

Staff member
First off, you could try WiFi sync. That could allow you to bypass the driver issue quickly.
Second, be very careful getting drivers from strange sites. I would NOT be using that site as I don't trust it. I would use the site the computer (HP?) the computer came from.

As for the driver issue, I think I documented it before. Of course Apple has their page: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204095

The manual process is in this thread: https://forums.ilounge.com/threads/ipod-nano-7th-wont-work-with-windows.287414/

DR0570

What is wifi sync and how do I do that? They’re both getting the same internet.

cjmnews

Staff member
In iTunes Edit->Preferences, Advanced enable WiFi Sync. They should sync if they are on the same WiFi network. This is from memory so forgive me if the option is in a different tab of the preferences.

It seems you have to connect with the cable to enable WiFi Sync. So go through the steps to fix wired sync first. Once that is done, you can click on the device and check "Sync with this iPad/iPhone over Wi-Fi" is you want to use WiFi sync. This was very useful for me when using smart playlists to have them update automatically everyday. But since iOS broke 95% of connectivity with my car, I don't use it anymore.

Last edited:

DR0570

WOW! 😮 all that sounds complicated. I’m gonna need someone do it with me...in the meantime...this is the best I can do for now. I’ve been using my moms computer for my iPad before I got my ”semi new” one. I had to use my moms computer again and I took one of my pen drives, connect to the USB on her computer, and my iPad connect it to the other USB on her computer, pulled up iTunes and dragged some music from my pen drives over to my iPad. Some were full albums.
I made a discovery though, it seems if you drag a full album from your pen drive to your iPad. It will display all the songs on different albums with the same exact album name and the same exact info.

Last edited by a moderator:

cjmnews

Staff member
This thread is to get your iPad to talk to iTunes on your computer.

I don't want to cross over into how the "Music Player" app works.

If you want to use iTunes with your iPad, follow the instructions I mentioned in Post #5 of this thread.

Last edited:

DR0570

On the part where it says imaging devices, portable devices, I don’t have those. Here’s everything I have
Look on second pic
Can I work with I have here or do I have to download something? (I said it was gonna be complicated and I was right...🙁🙁) I do have a very old mini iPod with a bad battery (but does come on when plugged in or to a computer that recognizes Apple devices) that my niece left over I tried that...same thing my computer ignores so apparently I can not connect ANY device up with it except a pen-drive and a mouse. I hate having to use my moms computer, but I don’t have a choice. I had plans buying a new iPod but what’s the use now since this computer will not recognize any portable devices or maybe it’s just Apple devices. (FYI, on my iPod that was stolen I had music on there using 3 different computers so I can use more than one computer for a device)

Attachments

Last edited:

DR0570

Well, blue tooth recognizes it from both.
But I tried again to connect the USB...still nothing! Why?? Why Bluetooth but not USB?
I just remembered too, I even tried another USB wire from my moms iPad....still nothing. So the wires not the issue, iPads not the issue, computer not the issue. So it is something I have to download? 😩
Maybe I can put music on my iPad using Bluetooth????🙏🏿 (Grabbing at straws here)

Attachments

Last edited:

DR0570

I read Apple help support and everything. I’m missing an Apple USB driver, that’s all there is to it. it can’t be downloaded. The computer is used but why it doesn’t have Apple USB driver I don’t know, it seems it’s something that has to be implanted in there.

cjmnews

Staff member
Bluetooth is irrelevant. Ignore Bluetooth.

Did you have the iPad plugged in when you did this? If not, that is why there was no yellow bang.
If you did have it plugged in, then maybe we need to have you try and install the driver manually.

If you want to try manually, then navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers and right click on usbaapl64.inf (The one with 1 gear on the icon if you don't have file extensions showing) and choose Install. Unplug and replug in the iPad to see if that works.

DR0570

When I did what? Take the pics? On most but I can’t remember which ones but no matter what I do it won’t connect, completely ignores. Meaning the iPad will not appear anywhere on the computer.

DR0570

I DID have it connected! That’s what the pictures are showing. That’s the whole point! In THESE pics my iPad was connected. In other words I connect my iPad and it’s as though nothing is connected. I connect my iPad my iTunes and or computer DOES NOT RESPOND AT ALL. Neither does my iPad. I might as well be putting the wire in a hole in the ground. (I was even able to snap pics of the screen with my iPad (except for the 3rd that was my smartphone) while it was connected. I don’t think you’re supposed to be able to do that)

Attachments

Last edited:

cjmnews

Staff member
I am guessing you tried different USB ports and different cables already. If not, try this and see if you have a bad USB port or sync cable.

If that does not help, then I suspect that iTunes is from the Microsoft Store, not Apple. They are both made by Apple, just past experience with Microsoft Store apps is that they are missing key functionality like being able to sync with devices.

Can you look in Services to see if there is an Apple Mobile Device service installed and if it is running or not? This is more for curiosity. I suspect that The Microsoft Store version does not include this.

You will need to uninstall iTunes. All of your music and playlists will remain, no worries.
Then get the Apple version of iTunes. https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/win64
Install that version of iTunes, and see if your iPad is recognized now.

DR0570

I downloaded Apple for Windows 10. I fo not remember if it was from Microsoft. But I remember thinking if I downloaded from Apple store there wouldn’t be a download for windows.