• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

My birthday is in August and I want an iPod but what should I do?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Nintendoskater9

I've had a few iPods, a shuffle, mini and photo..all either sold or lost. I can't think of anything for my birthday in early August so I asked my parents for a iPod Video 30gb. I'm starting to think that their could be a new iPod coming out later this year. I remember the Nano like randomly coming out in Fall one year. So with that in mind should I just ask for money and wait? Personally I don't mind having a 5G at all, but if a new iPod comes out like a month later I'd be really annoyed.

IpOdChIcK

If you're gonna be annoyed if a new ipod comes out, then I would just ask for money and wait. I don't think it'll come out in August but chances are good that it will come out before the end of the year. Or you could just ask for an apple gift card. I asked for apple gift cards last year thinking it would come out then and I'm still holding on to them.

Surf Monkey

Website
www.dvdinmypants.com
If it's over $300 (the biggest capacity one probably will be) you should start saving money now. You combine the cash you saved with your birthday money and BOOM! New iPod for you.

:)

As far as an August release for new iPods goes, don't count on it. It's too soon after the iPhone release and to close to Leopard's release date. It's more likely that they'll release new iPods with or shortly after Leopard.

hyroboarder

I don't know, the next ipod is gonna be pretty big. I would wait if I were you.

Btw, is that you skating on pncskate.com?

Scarpad

I'm not buying anything until Xmas so I don't mind waiting a few months. I just bought a 5.5G

Nintendoskater9

eh I changed my mind, I'll just get a 5G, hopefully I get one with a decent battery. Oh and yeah thats me and my friends skate website, I'm the black guy =]

hyroboarder

cool man, good decision on the 5g. If you're always waiting for the next technology to come out, you'll never enjoy the ipod goodness :D

Nintendoskater9

Yeah, I'm thinking about getting the Best Buy Replacement Plan for like $30 with it so I can take it back no questions asked for the 6G and pay the difference.

Surf Monkey

Website
www.dvdinmypants.com
Nintendoskater9 said:
Yeah, I'm thinking about getting the Best Buy Replacement Plan for like $30 with it so I can take it back no questions asked for the 6G and pay the difference.

Check their policy first. I did that with some of the early iPods I had but I think they may have changed how it works so that you can't upgrade when a new one comes out. I may be wrong though. Ask and let us know what you find out.

phillytim

So has anyone looked into the Best Buy replacement police, for if you can seamlessly upgrade to the new 6G iPod if you can't wait and bought a 5G today?

Nintendoskater9

Yes, I've done it before. I went from a 512mb shuffle to a 6gb mini and just paid the difference. Just tell them that the battery life sucks and isnt close to what it should be. It's a no questions asked policy but yeah have money to pay the price difference.

Too bad my 5.5 gen iPod I got for my birthday was from Wal-Mart -_-

Last edited:

paranoidxe

I bought my nano in august of 2006..and a month later the 2g nano came out..I wasn't disappointed..its not like my 1st gen nano died on the spot. Sure I didn't have the "latest" or "greatest" iPod but it worked just fine.