My 8GB iPod touch keeps freezing on 1.1.4

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

TheSilent1

I've heard that there were issues with the 16 gig and 32 gig but my 8 gig itough seems to have the same problem. I followed the ziphone guy's video perfectly but my ipod still freezes all the time. Right now its even freezing when I turn it on. And on top of that its saying most of my installations since I got 1.1.4 have failed. Really the only things I've been able to install are the installer(when it prompts me to upgrade), the BSD subsystem 2.1 and community sources. Everything else doesn't work.

Is there a way to fix this? Also should I just downgrade to 1.1.3 or is it worth keeping it at 1.1.4 right now?

DerekVOF

I think there two separate issues here - first, with regard to the inability to install anything, have you moved your applications folder? Read this thread for information about what I'm talking about - http://forums.ilounge.com/showthread.php?t=216607

As to the freezing all the time, you may just need to restore and re-jailbreak. Sometimes issues pop-up but it shouldn't be freezing all the time...

TheSilent1

I've restored and rejailbroke it about a half dozen times and its still freezing up on me. Happens most of the time when I use the keyboard and sometimes when I restart the ipod. So that is preventing me from adding that source to move the apps.

TheSilent1

Nope it works fine without the jailbreak on 1.1.4. IDK, maybe there is something I'm not doing right. I upgraded from 1.1.2 so didn't do anything that was required with 1.1.3.

Edit: I tried to go to version 1.1.3 and I got the same freezing problems with the keyboard. Maybe its the ziphone thing?

Last edited:

springer7217

me too

I am having the same exact problem. I have the 16GB. I do have a question for you though. what version update did your ipod come as?

gaussrifle

yea ive had my 8gig 3rd gen for 5 days now and it keeps freezing. i had the same problem with my previous ipod nano 4gb i personnaly think that apple are s##t