Must haves for new iPhone users

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Aceon6

Barca Lounger
I need some help here. Besides a good case and battery backup, what else can't an iPhone user live without? Other accessories? Key apps?

hardcle

You'll also want a car charger and a way to connect your iPhone to your car stereo. Definitely check out some of the streaming apps. I have last.fm, Wunderradio and Simplify Media. If you like baseball, you'll want MLB At Bat. Well worth the price.

PammyLZ

I just got an iPhone myself, and I went to Target and got the Incase Slider case for $34.99 (ouch!). It's an excellent hard case. It has a good grippy feel.

And yes, get a hook-up to your car stereo. I already had one for my iPod classic. It's a must have, IMO.

If you use Hotmail/Live mail, then you want the "mBox Mail" app, it's currently $4.99 and it's excellent!

Just start browsing the App store. There are a lot of cool free apps.

chhhrrriiisss

I would highly suggest you shop online for cases. The Apple store and ATT stores (and other stores) have really really high prices on cases. I would personally suggest switch easy cases as well as Griffin brand cases. You can get quite a few 3g cases at target for VERY cheap.

kenics

iPhone cases...

I have the Incase Slider metallic and love it, I'm on my 2nd. The first one (silver) cracked protecting my phone when it dropped. So I go another one (gunmetal).

My sister got the Griffin iClarifi for a great price. This case is really cool and wish I'd found it before I replaced my incase metallic slider. It has a built-in lens for taking better photos.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/iPOD_Accessories/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&cs=19&sku=A2610364

Car charger - get one :)

iPhone Book recommendations - iPhone The Missing Manual if you are completely new to iPhones. If you want to go to the next level, iPhone: Fully Loaded. I keep learning something new every time I pick it up

Apps

SHAZAM - can't live without it.
Facebook
DirectTV
Typing Genius - .99, you get great emoji's and speed typing tests, fabulous
Instapaper - formats articles you want to read later into an easier readable format for the iPhone and makes it available offline.
Air Sharing
More Cowbell - doesn't need an explanation

Slacker & Simplify are great

Also, you can make icons for your favorite websites. I just remembered about that and I'm had mine a year.

JMG

asdf
You need a sweet in-car setup. No crappy fm or tape adapters. Keep it to ONE wire that charges and plays through ypur radio with zero interference. Added bonus if you can get your steering wheel controls to control your track selection like mine:

PammyLZ

Don't bother with "mBox Mail" - the default mail app can handle live/hotmail now..

That's true, it will work with the default iPhone mail. :) But, live.com mail is IMAP. If you want your mail to be deleted on the server when you delete it from your iPhone, an app like mBox Mail can do that. The iPhone mail cannot. It just uses the POP3. I was using the default mail, but my live.com mail address gets a lot of email, and I hated having to redownload all those messages on my laptop and then have to redelete them again. :shake:

Does anyone know if in OS 3.0, the default mail app will support IMAP? I wish it would.