• iLounge and the Discussion Forums are read by people in countries all over the world. The legality of DVD-to-iPod ripping will vary based on your country of residence. iLounge does not in any way endorse violation of the valid rights of copyright holders, and strongly recommends that you consult your country's copyright and fair use laws before copying any video content.

Music Videos From The Internet?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

amuromax

Website
www.twinkling-paradise.com
There are ways to download high quality music videos from sites like Launch and AOL music, but I don't think the policy of this site allows me to tell you how. However, it's really easy to find the answer. Just google it.

I've personally downloaded and uploaded onto my iPod over 200 videos from these websites.

MattPaintballer

SLEEP NOW IN THE FIRE!!!
Grr I couldn't find much

I read about something from Launch Yahoo but you have to pay to get the service... I guess it's a small price to pay but I don't have a credit card or anything.

I downloaded GreaseMonkey and some user script for <embed> tags but I don't know how to make it work.

Enrico

I tried ASFRecorder with no success (launch.com doesn't allow right-clicks on videos to get the URL), and the shareware Music Video Downloader (same sort, doesn't get the URL)....

Anyone else had luck on that?

Nubben

MattPaintballer:

How does the videozonecode.com work? I'm on Mac.

How can I extract the video source from that code?

Much obliged.

Nubben

MattPaintballer

SLEEP NOW IN THE FIRE!!!
Nubben said:
MattPaintballer:

How does the videozonecode.com work? I'm on Mac.

How can I extract the video source from that code?

Much obliged.

Nubben
Right below where the video plays, there will be a box of code. It will say something like this (this is for Rage Against The Machine's video of "Sleep Now In The Fire")

Code:
<style>.hov:hover{background-color:yellow}</style><div id='Title' style='font:bold 11px verdana'>
<h1 style='font:bold 13px;display:inline'>Watch Video:</h1>
<a class='hov' style='display:block;width:300px;border:solid 2px black;padding:5px'

href="http://www.videocodezone.com/videos/r/rage_against_the_machine/sleep_now_in_the_fire.html" target='_blank'>
SLEEP NOW IN THE FIRE (Rage Against The Machine)<p>
[b]<embed name='RAOCXplayer'[/b] src='http://www.videocodezone.com/videos/r/rage_against_the_machine/sleep_now_in_the_fire_106044.asx'
 type='application/x-mplayer2' width='300' height='300' autoplay='true' ShowControls='1' ShowStatusBar='0'
 loop='true' EnableContextMenu='0' DisplaySize='0' 
pluginspage='http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/Downloads/Contents/Products/MediaPlayer/'></embed></a><p style="margin:3px 0px">
<a href='http://www.videocodezone.com/'>Video Code provided by VideoCodeZone.Com</a></p></div>
You see the bolded part that says '<EMBED NAME='RAOCX PLAYER' You want to copy the URL to the right of "src=" and put that into your browser. Then it should bring you to a page that says something like this:

Code:
<ASX VERSION="3.0">
	<ENTRY>
		<REF HREF="www.someURL.com" />
	</ENTRY>
</ASX>"
The URL is your source.

Edit: Oops I didn't notice that you're on a Mac. I assume it would be the same thing though. I don't know much of anything about Mac's though.

Last edited:

a1rflow

I think it seems as if you download the .asx from the videocodezone website, it actually streams to another website, so your not actually dowloading the real video...

Enrico

Hey guys I tried that with success, even from AOL Music. The point is that the videos usually have crappy sound.... iTms is far better with a near-CD quality :(

How can you enjoy hundreds of videos that you coded for iPod with that sound?

Last edited:

MattPaintballer

SLEEP NOW IN THE FIRE!!!
a1rflow said:
I think it seems as if you download the .asx from the videocodezone website, it actually streams to another website, so your not actually dowloading the real video...
But the source is from Launch.

Enrico, 128kpbs is extremely far from CD quality. I don't know what the Videos are encoded at though. Also, iTunes' selection is inferior, all they have is mainstream pop crap (with some, but very little, exceptions)

Enrico

MattPaintballer said:

Enrico, 128kpbs is extremely far from CD quality. I don't know what the Videos are encoded at though. Also, iTunes' selection is inferior, all they have is mainstream pop crap (with some, but very little, exceptions)
I agree with you on the iT selection, do you know any other online stores for videos?

But I think that 128kbps AAC is extremely far better than the AOL sounds:cool:

ctigers92

Website
ctigers.proboards27.com
Nubben said:
MattPaintballer:

Right below where the video plays, there will be a box of code. It will say something like this (this is for Rage Against The Machine's video of "Sleep Now In The Fire")

You see the bolded part that says '<EMBED NAME='RAOCX PLAYER' You want to copy the URL to the right of "src=" and put that into your browser. Then it should bring you to a page that says something like this:

The URL is your source.

Edit: Oops I didn't notice that you're on a Mac. I assume it would be the same thing though. I don't know much of anything about Mac's though.

Nubben
How do you put it in MPG4 format though, its in windows media format right now

TheJosher

Music Is Your Friend.
Website
www.thejosher.net
Hmm..

I'm trying to download one of the ASX videos from MSFrecorder, and it goes through the motions, then gives me a "Unable to resolve host bogusmcache.bcst.yahoo.com" error.

Darn :(

Any ideas?

Josh