Music software for Macs?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

billysardar

Website
billysardar.tripod.com
I'm considering making the change from Windows to Mac but I'm worried that I won't be able to have all the same software features that I'm used to on my PC.

What are the Mac equivalents for Windows software such as:
-Exact Audio Copy (most important)
-RazorLame (not so - I would switch to AAC)
-KaZaa
-Winamp (presumable ITunes can do everything Winamp can)
-on a non music-related note, is there any software for macs that will let you chat to people who are using MSN Messenger?

Thanks
Billy Sardar

Jester

Website
www.sonicdomain.com
billysardar said:
What are the Mac equivalents for Windows software such as:
-Exact Audio Copy (most important)
-RazorLame (not so - I would switch to AAC)
-KaZaa
-Winamp (presumable ITunes can do everything Winamp can)
-on a non music-related note, is there any software for macs that will let you chat to people who are using MSN Messenger?
- Limewire = KaZaa
- iTunes = Winamp
- Audion 3 (I use this for Shoutcast streams) = Winamp

Podi

iPod love is deep & fuzzy
It seems Jester has answered your Music questions, and to answer your other question, MSN Messenger is available for Mac. I use it myself. And not to sound like a typical Mac person, but once I got a Mac I could never imagine how I put up with a PC for so long. Good luck!

iCamp

-I have yet to find anything comperable to EAC on the Mac.
-There are various LAME front-ends on the Mac. Many work through iTunes.
-Except for that .99 thing, the iTunes Music Store makes a decent substitute for Kazaa (without the spyware).
-MSN Messenger is available on Mac...if not there's iChat

davewe

Win to Mac

I like using Acquisition. Limewire is fine also. Neo looks cool, but I haven't gotten good results when I used it.

As to the general notion of going from Windows to Mac, I work for one of the 2 major companies that makes up the Wintel platform, but have had a Mac at home for many years. With the advest of OS X (and really with 10.2) the Mac has once again gone way ahead.

BTW, even my friends here at work love my ipod and can't wait until itunes and the Music Store come to Windows.

Dave

iCamp

Exact Audio Copy (most important)
RazorLame (not so - I would switch to AAC)
iTunes
Quicktime
Neither iTunes nor Quicktime are fair replacements for Exact Audio Copy. EAC is the standard for accurate CD rips. It's the audiophille's ripper. I wish there was a Mac version. Check out the EAC website (http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/) for more info.