Music player on my iPad randomly stops playing.

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

DR0570

I downloaded some music on my iPads music player to play off line. And I shuffle my music. But for no reason at all it’ll just stop playing. Does anyone know why???

DR0570

i do want to add it does not do it all the time. But recently it seems to randomly stop playing when ever the pad is connected to the internet. But last night I had it on Airplane mode and it played all night until I stopped it this morning. And turned the internet back on. Then this morning I was playing my music while on the internet and it randomly stops again. Could be a coincidence because I don’t have it on airplane mode that often, normally my pad is on the internet 24/7 so....

DR0570

One other minor thing. Is there a way I can make a playlist without having to choose song by song by song? What I want to put one artist with another. Even when it’s connected to my computer and iTunes I can not highlight a group of songs and put them in a playlist, I have to go song by song by song, that takes a very long time and very hard.
right now I can’t afford an iPod so that iPad is all I have now until we move.

cjmnews

Staff member
Playback stopping with internet connectivity could be caused by the way you select the playlist. In the Music app, you can choose Playlists directly but underneath that is Downloaded Music, which under that has Playlists again. I use the Downloaded Music->Playlists when using offline to guarantee that the player is not trying to use my data or WiFi for checking the cloud status of the song I am listening to. I think the failure to connect to the cloud is causing the playback to stop. See if using Downloaded Music helps.

Yes you can select multiple songs in iTunes and drag and drop into a playlist.
For a Mac or Windows, selecting a bunch of songs together (like an artist) click the first song, then hold Shift and click the last song and all of them will be selected. Drag and drop any of the selected songs to the playlist.

For Mac and songs that are not in order or only a few are wanted, click the first song, then hold Command (Windows use Ctrl) then click the next songs you want. Drag and drop any of the selected songs to the playlist.

DR0570

The only music on my iPad or ones that were on my pindrives that I got from another computer. Most were ripped from CDs others downloaded from amazon on that other computer.
sounds like it’s easier to put it in airplane mode before I play it. I got Spotif. I’ll just use Spotify (with adverts but that’s ok, give and take, right?) when the internet is on, use the music app in airplane mode.

DR0570

I found that the “downloaded music” is all the music from my pin drives. The iPad is recogizing them as downloaded music. Maybe when I connected my iPad to the computer when the internet was on and when I put the music on there, the iPad thought it was downloaded.

DR0570

It happened again... but this time I think it was a crash because not only did it stop, it also closed. So it seems to be a crash. My internet was on so maybe that was the culpret... it hasn’t done it in so long I forgot to play through “downloaded music” I hope that was all but if does happen again even though I do it through “downloaded music” what then?

DR0570

I was thinking is there another music app I can down that will play my ripped music files? Maybe that would help. So far I have this. This was crashing. Is there another app like it?8307

cjmnews

Staff member
No other apps can play music synced with iTunes the normal way. There are other apps like VLC that you need to use their method of syncing to get music on. No Smart Playlists, it iTunes playlists will be available.

DR0570

Well I wish I knew what causes those crashes then. I did reset my iPad though. Had a little trouble getting my lock screen code back on. music player seems to work for now.