Music on iPhone XS-Max

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

viper69

Someone told me there's a way to "download" music from Apple Music, and play the music even if you are not connected to the internet.

Is this true? If so, how does one do it?

2. My phone has 256Gig capacity, with 217Gig available.

Will putting 30-60 gigs of my music slow my phone down done significantly? I tried to keep my phone free of crap, but traveling has made me consider putting music on my phone, instead of bringing my iPod.

viper69

Hey CJ! Always trust your information.

Really, no impact, perhaps that was true w/earlier iPhones, or just rumors regarding gigs of info? Even this year I see that mentioned "keep your phone free of stuff to keep it speedy"

I do have Apple music, yes, and I like it quite a bit. Surprised that's good for me.

cjmnews

Staff member
It is a misunderstanding. Stored data has no impact on performance until your storage is nearly full. Then caching becomes more difficult as the cache has to remain small to leave your data stored. So web browsing would become slow, but some apps use cache (as they are glorified web pages) and their performance could also be impacted if you are hanging near the 99% full mark.