moving songs to a different folder - how to keep iTunes updated?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

theChronic

Official Shortbus Driver
I manage my own folders for various reasons. Sometimes I want to move a whole bunch of songs from one folder to another - but when this happens, if I just do it and readd the songs, iTunes adds a duplicate and the old entry gets 'broken' - is there any way automatically clean up all the 'broken' files, or have iTunes simply update its current entry to the new path?

Inferno999

Nope. I've been begging for an "audit my collection" option but have yet to hear anything back from Apple. The next best thing is to periodically delete your whole library and re-add it.

Inferno999

DTom said:
Don't you lose all your ratings and "last played" when you do that?
Yeah, I do... but I don't use / care about them anyway. Maybe when I do I'll have to find a new way...

Come on Apple, Get it togeather! Give us an option to Audit our collections!

ah ME mon

BEFORE I GET FLAMED, this is NOT a Mac vs PC post.....

I guess Apple doesn't seem to realize that PC track shortcuts differently than Macs. Mac programs can track a file regardless of where you move it to (provided it's on the same volume) but PCs tend to lose track of files easily. Apple needs to make some kinda add-on software for itunes that can keep track of songs if their location changes.

Wanna aggravate yourself? Tell itunes to keep your music folder organized, then copy a song(s) to a playlist. The program will add it then IMMEDIATELY lose track of the location of the song. grrrrrrrrrrrrr......

Macs dont do this of course.

Last edited: