Moving photos from an iPad to a W10 PC

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

wdc202

Help please for transferring several hundred photos from my very old iPad (the model without a built-in camera) to my Windows 10 PC. I acquired the photos as attachments to emails and from a digital camera but I have forgotten how.

a. Do I first create a new folder in the PC to hold the photos, say C:\MyPhotos\iPad? Or should I i instead nstall a photo app like Picasa that is made for indexing photos? What is the modern version of Picasa called? Is there a better app, preferably free, for a rank beginner?

b. How do I initiate the transfer? What Apple cable do I use -- the one with the flat iPad connector that I use for charging the iPad at one end and a UHB connector at the other end that I plug into a PC UHB hub?

c. What commands do I issue to start the transfer?

Thanks much. .... wdc

cjmnews

Staff member
Have you saved the photos to the iPad from the emails? If you have they should be in your Camera Roll.

a. You can use any software you'd like for managing the photos. I like Photoshop Elements Album myself. If you don't want to use software Windows or Mac can access the camera roll without the software. You will have to manage them manually (folders, tags, etc.).

b. That depends on the software or if you are going to use the Windows/Mac direction. The hardware will always be the same. The sync cable that came with the iPad or a compatible one. Connect the iPad to the computer with the cable.

c. That depends on the software or id you are using the Windows/Mac direction. If you are using the Windows/Mac access open Windows Explorer/Finder click on the iPad, then the DCIM folder. Under that will be 1 or more folders of the pictures. I would select all with dragging a box around them all or select 1 and use Ctrl-A/Option-A then copy them with Ctrl-C/Option-C then locate the folder where you want to store them on your computer, and Ctrl-V/Option-V to paste them to your computer. Using Photoshop Elements Album, you use the File->Get Photos and Videos->From Camera or Card Reader, choose the iPad, set your options, then click OK.