Moving from PC to Mac ( collection on external HD )

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Thesorus

I just bought a Powerbook, converting myself from PC to Mac; my music folder is on an external drive, and was kept organized ( on the PC ).

what's the best way to re-import all those on the Mac side ?

I uncheck the "copy to my music folder" checkbox in the preferences, drag'n'drop the folder in itunes, rechech the settings, and up i go ?

or was there a better way ?

Thanks.

Max.

rockjock2020

Thesorus said:
I just bought a Powerbook, converting myself from PC to Mac; my music folder is on an external drive, and was kept organized ( on the PC ).

what's the best way to re-import all those on the Mac side ?

I uncheck the "copy to my music folder" checkbox in the preferences, drag'n'drop the folder in itunes, rechech the settings, and up i go ?

or was there a better way ?

Thanks.

Max.
Are you going to still use the PC or are you just going to use the Powerbook? And are you worried about keeping your playlists and play counts? If you aren't you can keep your options to have your PowerBook organize your folders and music. With the external drive plugged in and mounted under your options>advanced screen point your iTunes to the external library. To populate your library for the first time go to file>add to library, and navigate to your library folder. Just remember to have your drive mounted next time you open iTunes or it will go back to it's default folder. But it is smart and if you mount the drive and reopen iTunes it will go back to the drive you designated.