• iLounge and the Discussion Forums are read by people in countries all over the world. The legality of DVD-to-iPod ripping will vary based on your country of residence. iLounge does not in any way endorse violation of the valid rights of copyright holders, and strongly recommends that you consult your country's copyright and fair use laws before copying any video content.

Movies not going to iTunes

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

BiReL41r

iPod Video Owner
Alright, I did all the steps and now I have 2 files. An .MP4 file around 200,000kb and .THM file around 4kb. I've tryed to import both files, and each seperatly to iTunes Video section but it still doesn't seem to go in. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong because I've done all the steps it's told me to in the thread. Please help!

kman1666

Website
lookatthemonkeys.com
You can delete the .thm file. Make sure you are clicking "Add File to Library" in iTunes and not another option, it should work if it is an .mp4 file.

moppie2005

I had same problem. I have a .mp4 (44MB) file that plays fine on itunes, but when I try to copy it to the ipod, it won't copy at all. I have some .mov files that were able to be copied though.

moppie2005

I just converted a .mp4 file using Videora that came out to 300MB by using "SP". Same problem. It plays fine with itunes, but I can't copy onto the ipod. This is getting frustrating :( How are people getting them to work?

TheTelevision

moppie2005 said:
I just converted a .mp4 file using Videora that came out to 300MB by using "SP". Same problem. It plays fine with itunes, but I can't copy onto the ipod. This is getting frustrating :( How are people getting them to work?
Did you update your software yet with the cd? I'm using 3GP too, not Videora.

moppie2005

I actually used "Videora" and encoded used the SP mode instead of the H264 mode since lots of people said it doesn't work. I used Sp mode and still didn't work.

The first video I had was done using GP3, and that also won't go into the ipod even though it plays on itunes.

I already updated my software from the CD. I did it before plugging the ipod in too. How do I know if I have the most updated software/firmware required? Thanks so much!

TheTelevision

moppie2005 said:
I actually used "Videora" and encoded used the SP mode instead of the H264 mode since lots of people said it doesn't work. I used Sp mode and still didn't work.

The first video I had was done using GP3, and that also won't go into the ipod even though it plays on itunes.

I already updated my software from the CD. I did it before plugging the ipod in too. How do I know if I have the most updated software/firmware required? Thanks so much!
Here is the lastest Ipod update:

http://www.apple.com/ipod/download/

Just plug in your Ipod and on a PC, run the program under Start->All Programs->Ipod-> Ipod updater

If you have the lastest firmware then it should tell you and won't let you update.

I use 3GP and it works fine. Don't use the AVC option because that is the same as H.264. Use QVGA/?/?. 1500kbps is the highest quality then it is 768kbps, QB4, QB7, QB10.