Movies I purchased not available in Library on iPad Mini 4

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

jt327gir

I have a new iPad Mini 4. I open up the Videos app and look in the Library, and only half of my purchased movies show up. Is there a limit as to how many devices can download purchased content? I have them on iPhone 7 and iPad Pro also.

Thanks.

John

cjmnews

Staff member
To my knowledge they should be available for all your devices.

Even in the Apple video page they state: Buy once, available everywhere.

Now there is a caveat to this, just like with music. If you buy a movie on a previous device, and it is no longer available in the iTunes store, then the new devices will not see it. This is why people should download ALL of their iTunes Store purchases to iTunes, and back it up to something not continuously connected to your computer.

If the movie is in iTunes, you can sync it to the device. Even if it is no longer available in the iTunes Store.

jt327gir

.....This is why people should download ALL of their iTunes Store purchases to iTunes, and back it up to something not continuously connected to your computer.

If the movie is in iTunes, you can sync it to the device. Even if it is no longer available in the iTunes Store.
Thanks for reminding me of this! While I haven't backed up my library to an external HD in awhile, I think I have a copy of the movie in question on that HD. I'll check when I get home.

Thanks for answering my question!

John