Movie Issue on iPod

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Flyboybob

I am going on a trip to Europe for a couple of weeks and I wanted to take a few movies along on my iPod Touch to watch on the airplane. These are ones that I own the DVD.

I am using Handbrake and VNC viewer to make the mp4 file. Most work just fine. However, some movies will play in iTunes but when I try to load them on the iPod, it says that the movie can't be played on this iPod. Any idea how to make those mp4 files work on the iPod.

Thanks

Sparkee

Make sure you are using an Apple Preset in HandBrake that is compatible with your iPod. The Apple Universal, iPod and iPhone/touch presets should all work for a touch.

jasoncordelle

If you have the time, you can click on the movie (I think right click works) and choose create ipod version (or words to that effect) - it will then re-encode the movie to work on iPod.

Takes absolutely hours to do though.

Flyboybob

Thanks Sparkee, your suggestion worked perfectly. By changing the presets, in the drawer, in Handbrake from Apple General to iPhone/iPod Touch did the trick.

gerwen

By the way, Handbrake just released a new version with many improvements.

Fyi, the iPhone/iPod touch preset will save space on your ipod if that's the only place you're watching, but the Apple universal one will look much better on your computer, or if outputting from the Touch to a TV.

Flyboybob

Thanks, I downloaded the latest version just before I ripped this movie. Thanks for your good advice. I don't have an Apple TV and I don't usually watch a movie on my computer. My main use for Handbrake is to put movies onto my iPod Touch for traveling. I am going on a 10 hour non-stop flight to the UK. The movies on the airplanes usually are old releases that have been sanitized for the captured audience. However, this time I am going on British Airways, so maybe I will get to see a good British film. Who knows what I might discover?