Mountain Bikers! Which case you use?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Mr94Supra

Nu 12in 1.33mhz PB ownr!
Website
groups.msn.com
Whats up my fellow bikers, I'm newbie MBIker with an iPod. Just bought my first BIke, a Trek 4900 2004 model and I plan on taking it out tomorrow for a couple of hours. I know I'll be suckin major wind in no time but my trusty iPod will be riding shot gun in my camelback. Just curious as to which case, buds, and where you stick your iPod on your person while riding. I plan on sticking mine in the pocket of me camelback, use my oakley bag, and use my ex71s. I am thinking about buying the iPod armor. Any of you guys/gals have a better solution for a case in mind?:p

Thejavaman1

I just use the apple case in my camelback. I figure if I fall on my back hard enough to break my ipod, I'm probably not going to be in that great of shape either.

Mr94Supra

Nu 12in 1.33mhz PB ownr!
Website
groups.msn.com
Well today was the first day MTN Biking on me new bike, although I didn't make it to a trail I did go out riding for about an hour and a half. I put the iPOd in my camelback pocket too but didn't use the case just my oakley sunglass bag. I think I may get the iPod Armour but not for a while since I spent about a grand for the bike and accessories. Had a blast, tomorrow I think I'm gonna hit the trails at one of the Lakes out har. I thought about the contour case too....oh well still gotta get some shoes, the clets and pedals....case will just have to wait. THanks for the ideas tho.

Spencer04

Jibbin' while 'Poddin
Definitely invest in the iPod Armour. I ski with my iPod almost everyday, and the Armour works great, especially for park skiing. I have landed in every possible way, on my ipod...and the Armour has kept it in perfect condition. It will take the hit, trust me. A worthwhile investment. This will be my first spring using my iPod while MTBing. Can't wait! Happy trails.

stuconnolly02

Retired
Website
www.spacedarts.1l.com
Yeah, I have the same problem (well I don't really because I'm to scared to take my iPod), I go mountain biking a lot and flying through a forest listening to nothing but the birds and wildlife gets a bit boring so I like to listen to my music while I go. The only thing is I'd love to take my iPod as it is my prized possession and I can't stop lstening to it, but I'm too scared it'll end up flying out of my pocket and smashing on a rock (Don't know what I'd do if it did, actually I do, I would pobably cry a lot). I've got the Apple case that came with it and a iSkin eXo which is probably most suitable as the whole iPod is protected but the belt clip is a bit dodgy and doesn't really clip onto my shorts. For now I'll have to put up with my old Rio 600SE which is OK but I can only get about 15 songs on it, so after hours and miles later I've listened to the same song like 3 times, where as my iPod has my whole collection it, about 2 days worth (I don't really see myself cycling for 2 days straight). Any after all that I would appreciate any suggestions to solve my problem or encouragement as to just take it and risk it.

Thanks anyway.

SilverMini

RemoteRemote

Check out Engineered Audio for a wireless remote. I just bought it (it should arrive today) to use biking. You plug a small receiver into the iPod, and the remote is a key fob. I plan to mount the remote on my handlebar, which should be much safer than either tethering myself to my bike or fumbling for the iPod controls while riding.