More of an iTunes wish

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

si6r

As my iPod will be over over three times larger than my hard drive I would love the ability to import straight to the iPod.

Perhaps this is possible I dont know havent found anything yet though.

Cheers

Cozzie

If you are using a Mac it is possible. I'm not sure about a PC.

Turn on the manual manage feature in the iPod prefs (in iTunes). Then you can drag all your tunes to your iPod and then delete them from your computer HD. When you re-attatch your iPod to your Mac, it will not automatically re-sync with iTunes, so you won't lose all your songs.

A word of warning however - if your iPod malfunctions all your songs will be gone forever, never to return. It's best to have a back-up of them somewhere.

si6r

Cheers, Its nice to know I can do this. What I meant was when you insert a CD you can hit import and it will encode and save to the iPod rather than hitting the local disk at all

Public Enemy

Banned
I dont think this will happen because I dont know if the iPod has the hardware to do this. On the other hand apple has come out with some interesting things, that noone thought would come out.