• Please note that signatures and avatars on iLounge are only available after reaching certain membership thresholds.

Signatures

In order to be able to have a signature, users must have been a member for 7 days and have accumulated 10 posts.

Avatars are reserved for only the most senior of iLounge forum members. Users will not be able to use an avatar until they have been a member for a minimum of one year, and accumulated 1,500 posts. This is considered the Veteran Lounger level of membership.

A note on post whoring...

We welcome and encourage our members to make valuable and useful contributions to the iLounge forums, and to have fun, socialize, and actively participate in discussions on the forums. However, as per the Forum Policy, we will not tolerate excessive and unnecessary posting. Posting inane and pointless messages solely to increase one's post count in the hopes of reaching a higher membership level will be dealt with by the forum staff. Unnecessary posts may be subject to removal, and persisting in this behaviour will result in post counts being reduced and any further action being taken as deemed necessary.

• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

Mods: iPodLounge FAQs...

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

TheMcBain

Website
breakdance.clanmto.com
After having asked many questions in here (and answering some), I'd like to help back a bit to add some questions to the FAQ section on the website. Could that be possible? People could write some Q&A and reply here or send it somewhere... is that a good idea?

Bob

Retired
Website
forums.ilounge.com
By all means submit new FAQ's if you have any good ones - we're always in need, bearing in mind the FAQ's that are up were whittled down from quite a few.
Post them onto this thread for us to review - that way everyone can add if they have any.

BTW - I'm moving this to Feedback & Suggestions.

TheMcBain

Website
breakdance.clanmto.com
Q: USB2/FireWire cable on a Mac.

ok, here it goes:

Q: Can I use the USB2/FireWire cable to plug my 3rd generation iPod (Mac formatted) into a Mac via a USB1 port?

A: In part, yes.

You can plug the USB2/FireWire cable into a Mac that has Mac OSX 10.2.6 (older versions not tested) installed. You're gonna have the manually wake up the iPod by pressing the play button, since (I guess) the power is managed by the iPod itself and not from the USB port.

With MacOS 9.2.2 (older version not tested) whoever, I haven't been able to do it. When I plugged the USB cable in the port, the iPod seemed to connect to the Mac (the "Do not disconnect" message appeared) but nothing happened on the desktop. Further testing needed.

3rd G Windows formatted iPod's HD mounts under OSX 10.2.6 plugged via the USB1 port.

3rd G Windows formatted iPod's HD DOESN'T mounts under OS 9.2.2 plugged via the USB1 port.

3rd G Mac formatted iPod's HD mounts under OSX 10.2.6 plugged via the USB1 port.

3rd G Mac formatted iPod's HD DOESN'T mount under OS 9.2.2 plugged via the USB1 port.

Last edited: