Mixed In Key - "Refreshing" Comments Field

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Submeg

Hi All,

Had a search through some sites and this forum but haven't been able to pinpoint an answer.

I have a big-ish library (around 50k) and I also do some DJing work. I recently purchased Mixed In Key to help give me BPMs and the Key of all my songs. This is great, however...

It places this information into the comments field of the song in the following syntax-

KEY - BPM - Original Comment (If there was any)

This only becomes visible if you "Get Info" on the song...otherwise the comment remains empty! So I have had to sit here and cycle through each song, just to get the comment field to update.

Is there a way to "Refresh" the comments of metadata of the song so this will appear instead of cycling through each track? Any help would be awesome, thanks!

Submeg

EDIT: Similar to the issue found here. I don't want to have to go through each track and "get info" as suggested in the last comment of the thread.

Last edited:

Submeg

Just found the answer! You don't need to go into the "Get Info" screen at all. All that needs to be done is to start the song and the info is updated automatically. Just continually skip through each song and they will be updated. Hope this helps others

Submeg

Just found the answer! You don't need to go into the "Get Info" screen at all. All that needs to be done is to start the song and the info is updated automatically. Just continually skip through each song and they will be updated. Hope this helps others
Even faster is select a bunch of songs, and "check/uncheck this selection" and it will automatically (after some time) update comments fields on all the songs rather than skipping through each track.