Missing iTunes Content

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

REDSHIFT1

Ok, so I don't where else to put this: earlier this morning I used a card to download the "complete" Beethoven Piano Sonatas..as in all 32 of them. However once I got to listening to them, I noticed 2 of the collection are missing; nos #19 and #20 to be exact.

Who I contact about this? I paid for all 32.. not 30 of them!

sallenmd

It is not uncommon for part of a download to fail. If you check your purchase history, any tracks that you bought but that failed to download will have a little cloud icon to allow you to download them again.

REDSHIFT1

Ok...I have already thought and done those ideas, but tried them again. There are 99 tracks listed on the iTunes store. 99 tracks were downloaded. None failed. The missing content just wasn't there to start with. So I am trying the link above.

kornchild2002

Well, if 99 tracks were downloaded, that means that all should be there. Are those missing sings listed in your purchased history? If they are, you can force re-download them again.

rockmyplimsoul

Website
www.last.fm
Check to make sure the missing songs aren't tagged as "Part of a Compilation", which can put them in a different location in your library, depending on how it is sorted. The easiest way to find them is to look at all your Compilations (check the iTunes browser) or simply make a smart playlist to capture all songs tagged as Compilations.

REDSHIFT1

No...that's isn't the problem either: the problem is that the missing tracks are just simply not on the download at all! As mentioned, 99 tracks are listed on the download. 99 were downloaded. However, when I just simply compare the titles (Sonata #1, etc.,) nos 19 and 20 are not in the the iTunes Store's list. Hence they were just left off.

For those of you who are familiar with the sonatas the title of the recording is "Beethoven: Complete Piano Sonatas" by Hj Lim. Look it up on the Store and you will see what I am talking about. I have started an email about this with the support. Will let y'all know the results.

kornchild2002

Ah, so the iTunes Store should have listed 101 total songs and not 99. That would be an issue that they need to resolve. Just know that trying to explain some issues with the iTunes Store tech support team can be as painful as shoving bamboo shoots up your fingernails. I downloaded one album when it was released (In This Moment - Beautiful Tragedy, March 2007) and there were four songs that were problematic on it. The album only had 11 songs on it and 4 of them had issues where the audio would randomly cut out for a second and then cut back in. I e-mailed the iTunes Store support and all they ever did was just force re-download the songs for me. I was fully capable of doing that and tried downloading the songs multiple times. It didn't matter, the issue was with the songs in the iTunes Store.

I imagine Apple received the songs that way from the record company/band/publisher/manager/whoever but they were of no help. I had to end up buying the CD and just rip it myself.

Out of curiosity, are the two missing songs hosted on other download services such as the Amazon mp3 store? I wonder if there is a distribution issue with the songs in that Apple can't offer them in the U.S. (or whichever country you live in). If they're missing from the Amazon mp3 Store, Google Play Store, and/or the Xbox Music Service (this is Microsoft's music service replacing their old Zune Store) then that would be an indication of something more problematic on the distributor/publisher/record company end.

REDSHIFT1

I did check the with Amazon...and I have found the problem: you are right! The missing pieces were never included in the collection. The pianist left them off the recording for some reason. They are not on the cds at all. What a rip...I paid for the "complete" set and now have discovered that the set is not complete! Oh well, I can get the other two by some other pianist. Thanks for the help guys!

kornchild2002

Contact the artist/record company then. They shouldn't be labeling their product as being "the complete collection" if it isn't. They might be able to give them to you as mp3 files. Or maybe there's some copyright thing going on that they can shed some light on. I thought all of the songs by classical composers would be well within the free domain by now but you never know. The Happy Birthday song still isn't free to use so maybe the pianist couldn't record his rendition of those two pieces.