MiniDisc, Still alive?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

destined_wind

Website
www.destinedwind.freeweb-hosting.com
Ok, Sony first introduced the Minidisc format over a decade ago... So, when do you guys think the Minidisc format will die? I actually have an mz-n10 and still use it occasionally as well as my iPod... I predict that the Sony's Minidisc format will die in the next three years.

jh-retired

Can't be easily beaten for live recording on a moderate budget ;-)

But since the iPod, I gave up listening to anything on my MD-MT877, and have since decided to sell it, as I don't record much anymore.

NetMD has kept Sony & Friends in the game for a bit longer, but you're right. I don't think I'd place MD in the same failed-tech category as Beta as many have, however... MD has survived for a LONG time, and for a niche market (foreign especially), has been popular. Great technology... it's just that the pure mp3 player will prevail eventually... MD'll die soon.

Although, critics have been saying this for a long time... Just like they have for Apple. And, well... ;-)

SunByrne

Podaholoic
Sony is generally pretty resilient, but even given that, I'd say the maximum window is 5 years, only because MD did much better in Japan and Europe. If it had not, then I'd give it 2 or 3, tops.