mini iPod battery

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

father04co

Website
www.stanceapparel.com
last night i charged my iPod mini all night (about 7h30hours) and when i took it off i listened to it 30 secs and a message appeared and said i need to recharge it because the battery was dead, and it turned off by itself. i turned it on and now the battery is half of its power.

could someone give clues or hints to tell me what caused it and if i need to send it back to Apple (i have had it since august 2 2005)

thanks

mini_me2

1/8th the size!
The iPod Mini battery is notoriously inaccurate. Let it drain and see how long it lasts before it shuts itself off. I'd bet you get 18 hours (unless you have a 1G, then 8 ;))

jonnny

The iPod might not have been charging all night. If you plugged it into your computer to charge, make sure it does not shut off or go into standby in the middle of the night, as either of those two would cut off the power supply for the iPod. If you used a wall adapter, make sure it's plugged in and functioning properly.

You can also try resetting your iPod while connected to your power supply: switch Hold on then back off, and hold the Menu and Select buttons 'til the Apple logo appears.

Last edited:

bobb-mini

Insanely Sarcastic
Jonnny said:
...computer to charge, make sure it does not shut off or go into standby in the middle of the night, as either of those two would cut off the power supply for the iPod.
That will win the 2nd price following the people who ask, Why does my POD turn on by itself...

hotphil

iPodding in Sheffield!
Website
hotphil.blogspot.com
If you plugged it into your computer to charge, make sure it does not shut off or go into standby in the middle of the night, as either of those two would cut off the power supply for the iPod.
You may be able to prevent this by right-click My Computer>Manage>Device Manager>Right-click the appropriate USB Root Hub>Properties>Power Management and disable the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" as well as disabling any power-saving schemes on the PC.

Jeanjacket

Website
myspace.com
Jonnny said:
The iPod might not have been charging all night. If you plugged it into your computer to charge, make sure it does not shut off or go into standby in the middle of the night, as either of those two would cut off the power supply for the iPod. If you used a wall adapter, make sure it's plugged in.....

HAHA Agreed with bobb-mini.... Classic, classic...

writeous

Website
www.soundclick.com
father04co said:
last night i charged my iPod mini all night (about 7h30hours) and when i took it off i listened to it 30 secs and a message appeared and said i need to recharge it because the battery was dead, and it turned off by itself. i turned it on and now the battery is half of its power.

could someone give clues or hints to tell me what caused it and if i need to send it back to Apple (i have had it since august 2 2005)

thanks
My mini was doing that, giving that same status message too...and I sent it back.....A replacement is on the way.