Mc9 ->Mc10 -> iPod ...

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

iMan

I understand Mc10 is now available, is it worth upgrading ($20), is it stable?

Oh ... and does it get rid of the playlist bug?

iMan

markp99

TakoKichi
MC10 is not really available yet...just very early beta. No real difference yet from 9.1.316...

ashawley

Website
www.
The playlist bug is supposedly fixed with a new version of the plugin available in the "Post iPod Questions Here" thread over at the JRiver boards.

It worked for me. Others have reported problems but I think that might be because they didn't start w/a freshly restored iPod.

Adam

btvillarin

btvillarin.com
Website
blogged.btvillarin.com
Adam: I was wondering...perhaps the way I setup the Smartlists makes MC9 choke? So far, I'm adding like 10-20 songs at a time with static playlists corresponding to the Smartlists. Should I try recreating the Smartlists? (e.g. rules, modifiers, etc.)

iMan: Stick with MC9 for now. Other than me and a few others, it sounds stable to keep. (I'll figure this thing out, if not me Steve!) MC10 is a really reallly early beta, and if you don't want to get cooked, wait it out. ;)

btvillarin

btvillarin.com
Website
blogged.btvillarin.com
I think I figured it out? I posted at the MC9 forums, but I'll post here.

In short, make sure that if you exclude a filename(path), make sure it ends with a slash (assuming it's a folder). I just did that and fixed a bunch of mine, and 2 synchronizes later...they playlists are still there!!!

ashawley

Website
www.
I saw that post of your Bryan. I never use paths in my smartlists. But I haven't been able to get missing playlists since the most recent fix.

I wish you continued sucess! :D

Adam

shottagyal

Adam, are you saying that with build 316 of MC9, if I sync after fully restoring my ipod instead of the ususal rebuilding database I won't be victim to the disappearing playlist problem?

btvillarin

btvillarin.com
Website
blogged.btvillarin.com
shottagyal:

Don't do a full restore (iPod System Software Updater), just do an initialize (MC9). Do this by right-clicking your iPod and selecting the option.

Odd, but my playlists aren't disappearing. I might've not done this step when I upgraded to the latest build and iPod plugin.

I'll be feeling compelled to help out by writing up how to keep your playlists from disappearing if it turns out it was a user error. I must've done at least 10 syncs today, and I have yet to lose anything. Just yesterday, I was one of the famous people SteveG could point out had a playlist issue! :D

For now, make sure you're using the iPod plugin 9.0.83 (Tools > Plugin Manager > Handheld > Portable Drives) and the latest MC 9.1 build 316. And if you haven't yet, initialize your iPod before going further.