mc9 froze, now ipod stuck

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

bordeaaj

Hi guys, I am using the latest version of mc9 and everything was going well until mc9 froze in the middle of a sync and said it had to shut down. Now my ipod is stuck and my computer doesn't see it as a drive anymore so I can't safely remove it with the eject button. Of course if my computer can't see it then mc9 can't see it either. How do I get my ipod removed safely and get everything working again? I am starting to wonder if I made a big mistake switching to MC9 from MMJB 8 (MMJB NEVER gave me any trouble whatsoever).

bordeaaj

Figured it out from another thread...a quick and easy menu+pause/play reset and everything is fine.

THANK YOU ADAM!:)

I am still disappointed in MC9 though...on top of the sheer panic the freeze caused me MC9 doesn't seem to transfer many of the tags for the artists. MC9 shows the correct artist tag but when it transfers to the ipod they show up as "multiple artists." Having to update artist tags from MC9s "multiple artist" tag for about a hundred or so of my 1000+ songs is a lot of work when MMJB 8 and ephPod both transfer the correct artist tags just fine. Let me know if there is something I am missing in transferring tags.

Phil Lee

Website
www.rscnet.org
You can chose which artist field MC uses when synching with the iPod by right clicking on the iPod drive letter under CD, DVD & Handhelds then clicking on "Select Artist Field". The default option is Album Artist (Auto). This is automatically calculated by MC based upon the type of album you are transferring. I suspect you have a lot of compilation albums. For compilation albums MC will automatically transfer the artist as (Multiple Artists) by default. You can change this by selecting Artist to use the ID3 Artist tag or Album Artist to use the manually defined Album Artist tag.

bordeaaj

Thanks Phil Lee!

Thanks Phil Lee!

That did the trick. Now I just have to try it for a while to see how I like it.